Park/Place/Lot near Essen Lane (BTR) to test ride an electric bike?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    Where’s a safe, fairly quiet place to test ride an electric bike close to Essen Lane? Guys at Capital Cyclery are putting it together but I’d rather go out somewhere alone that I can get it up to speed etc…before heading home 2 hours away! Guess if I gotta go down to LSU & ride on campus I could do that too. Maybe even a big empty parking lot would do long as I don’t get jacked.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    There is a BREC park very close to Capital Cyclery, Perkins ROad Community Park. There is a walking path, a sidewalk system, a velodrome, and a nice neighborhood to ride in. You can get there via bike from the store. It's very close and easy, just be careful crossing the roads there because it's full of traffic and degenerates in cars who don't care about you.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Velodome might be your best option... Please wear a helmet. I've wrecked twice on pavement while riding a bike... Its not fun.

One of the wrecks I landed face first. I had a concussion but I was wearing a full face helmet. So I walked away with all my teeth, no broken jaw and my nose not smashed in.

Top Bottom