Patient awoke to doctors mistakenly preparing to remove her organs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I have a real fear of having my organs removed, I don't leave my house worrying about it but the thought of it freaks me out.

That said I am an organ donor who would like to help others and have always been of the belief that I don't care what happens to my body, AFTER I die.

Plus this comment is a great point:
    I quit being an organ donor about twenty years ago. If it's in the hospital's best interest that you die, you just needlessly might.

Another random thought: If this crazy bitch was skirting along death pumped full of god knows what are her organs something a sick and dying person would want?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    This is why (having been an EMT and been talked to about when care should go from caring for the patient to caring for the organs) I wasn't an organ doner for a LOOOONG time (went ahead when I got my motorcycle endorcement)

In all seriousness, I've read about knee replacements being done to the wrong leg etc.
    When I went in for foot surgery I wrote "not this one" on the wrong leg with black marker.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    This is why (having been an EMT and been talked to about when care should go from caring for the patient to caring for the organs) I wasn't an organ doner for a LOOOONG time (went ahead when I got my motorcycle endorcement)

In all seriousness, I've read about knee replacements being done to the wrong leg etc.
    When I went in for foot surgery I wrote "not this one" on the wrong leg with black marker.

When my grandparents lived in Tampa the local hospital amputated the wrong leg of a diabetic man.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    When my grandparents lived in Tampa the local hospital amputated the wrong leg of a diabetic man.

Is that the guy who tried to sue the hospital/doctors after they amputated the correct leg but the lawyers said he could not sue?
    Cuz he didn't have a leg to stand on!!!

I know it's old, but I couldn't help it - sorry.

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    Before I had my ACL reconstruction the had me initial the leg they were operating on. They told me to write it big enough that it was impossible to miss.

I am not sure I believe this story. If they gave her a powerful sedative how was she able to wake up right before they were going to start cutting. Also, what parents would agree to take their child off of life support without actually seeing her? There are just too many things that don't add up.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    "Burns, who fully recovered from her injuries at the time, committed suicide in 2011 at the age of 41. But her mother says Burns was already suffering from a number of issues and that the hospital incident did not play a role in her eventual suicide."

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY

Oddly enough I have a brother-in-law who was ordered to have a knee replacement by a doctor to later told him his bad back was his problem....after the knee surgery. 2nd and 3rd opinions are good idea.

I myself got prescribed ulcer medication once for what later turned out to be food poisoning when I got a 2nd opinion.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Before I had my ACL reconstruction the had me initial the leg they were operating on. They told me to write it big enough that it was impossible to miss.

I am not sure I believe this story. If they gave her a powerful sedative how was she able to wake up right before they were going to start cutting. Also, what parents would agree to take their child off of life support without actually seeing her? There are just too many things that don't add up.

The sedative part sounded odd to me but not the parent part.

There are many adult drug addicts who started using as a teen, I'd also venture to say that most of them probably had **** parents to begin with.

Top Bottom