Pedo get mag-dump’d

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    The first cop shooting was point blank two rounds to the chest, then the second cop was firing while backpedaling and the first guy backed up a bit and really fired a lot more. There is a longer version with his tac reload in it too.

I dont mean this disrespectfully, because I honestly dont mean it that way, but its hard to not say it without it sounding like it. This isnt directed at you specifically Mr. Bam !

I am not taking tactical advice or critique from anyone on this board who had never been in a gunfight or had live rounds fired at them to know the terror and speed it happens with. I find it humorous reading what some of you "would have done", or the audacity to critique the men in the moment who were in fear of death and doing whatever tactics their brain could barely process. You have absolutely no idea what you will do in the moment, no matter whatever self assigned bad a$$ you think you are looking in the mirror.
    I completely understand and was just playing arm chair quarter back. I'm not a military vet nor LEO, but have been shot at several times in B/R. 18 years old and a few bullets whizzing by my head had me doing the GI Joe belly crawl to the safety of the house I was staying at. Would have made drill Sgt proud! lol

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The first cop shooting was point blank two rounds to the chest, then the second cop was firing while backpedaling and the first guy backed up a bit and really fired a lot more. There is a longer version with his tac reload in it too.

I dont mean this disrespectfully, because I honestly dont mean it that way, but its hard to not say it without it sounding like it. This isnt directed at you specifically Mr. Bam !

I am not taking tactical advice or critique from anyone on this board who had never been in a gunfight or had live rounds fired at them to know the terror and speed it happens with. I find it humorous reading what some of you "would have done", or the audacity to critique the men in the moment who were in fear of death and doing whatever tactics their brain could barely process. You have absolutely no idea what you will do in the moment, no matter whatever self assigned bad a$$ you think you are looking in the mirror.

I agree, very few people in here have been in situations such as this. I didn't take Bam's comment as stating what they should have done. There was dangerous crossfire in that situation. However, there was little they could have done in those split seconds to change that. Luckily by the time they got to where the crossfire could have been really bad, the guy was near the ground and they were aiming more down.

In this instance, the threat of crossfire was pretty unavoidable. It was a narrow walkway and neither officer couldn't fire. Neither could back off and let the other one take the shot because if they both had made that choice, the ending could have been way different.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think the first round was the bad guy when the cop grabbed the gun. Not sure there, but it sounded like it. And Agree the grazing wound was fratricide.

I have a chrome extension that let's me slow down streaming video down to 7% speed. It looked like there was a shot from the perps gun. That shot may have even struck the perp.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 11.42.30 PM.png

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I have a chrome extension that let's me slow down streaming video down to 7% speed. It looked like there was a shot from the perps gun. That shot may have even struck the perp.

View attachment 162720
    That’s what I was thinking when I saw it a few times. It looks like the perps gun twisted back on him as he never really got a good grip on it. Then he was shot with his own pistol, not sure he was the one to actually fire it. Then after that shot, I thought I heard gun and they lit him up.

i don’t think they did anything wrong in the moment and at that speed.

They see the danger and took appropriate action.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Looks like the perps gun was shooting into the wall beside him as the cop was tying to get it pointed away from himself... I'm guessing pedo had his finger on the trigger and was doing the pulling. Yeah, the crossfire issue is a thing, but they were aiming down wards and towards the wall. Best they could do under the circumstances.

ETA, I watched gators linked vid and the perps gun appears to go off during the initial struggle, then the cop on the right side starts shooting, the middle cop who was grappling with the gun gets it away from the perp, and the cop on the left starts shooting and backing away. Idiot went for his gun, and did not survive to tell the tale... Given the fact he was there to work over a 7 and 11 yr old I feel that society is better off. And he brought a gun may indicate that he was going to kill those girls after he had his way with them...

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Looks like the perps gun was shooting into the wall beside him as the cop was tying to get it pointed away from himself... I'm guessing pedo had his finger on the trigger and was doing the pulling. Yeah, the crossfire issue is a thing, but they were aiming down wards and towards the wall. Best they could do under the circumstances.

ETA, I watched gators linked vid and the perps gun appears to go off during the initial struggle, then the cop on the right side starts shooting, the middle cop who was grappling with the gun gets it away from the perp, and the cop on the left starts shooting and backing away. Idiot went for his gun, and did not survive to tell the tale... Given the fact he was there to work over a 7 and 11 yr old I feel that society is better off. And he brought a gun may indicate that he was going to kill those girls after he had his way with them...

Here's a screenshot from 0.8 seconds after the door started opening. The guy already has his hand inside of his jacket. There's little chance for the following to happen in 0.8 seconds:
    1. door opens enough for the man to see who is in the room
    2. man recognizes room occupants as police
    3. man decides to use his gun
    4. man reaches in his jacket

I would say not only did he bring a gun, he also planned to have it ready for whoever was in the room should he need it.

Edit: I forgot the screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 5.43.48 PM.png

Last edited:

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    I can tell you in similar situations, tunnel vision hits hard. Your focus is the immediate threat. While situational awareness from the perspective of the body camera certainly raises concerns for crossfire, but in a situation that broke bad in less than 2 seconds, transferring 3 officers from a room through a doorway then transitioning to a small walkway. Where 1 is going hands on, two support officers unleashing the lords will. Each was probably so focused on the threat and unaware of what each of the other 2 were doing.

Ideally there’d have been better movement but I’m tipping my hat to their actions that no humans were severely hurt.

We practice movements, we practice actions taken and what each person “should” do, but reality always wins and we do our best with what is presented to adapt and overcome.

In a perfect world, the pedophile would have just blown his own head into a canoe, but given the circumstances and surroundings, probably the best outcome that could have hoped for given the conditions.

Top Bottom