Pelican Shot in Dallas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    This is an interesting one.
    http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...n-jones-dies-in-dallas-county-at-age-23.html/

The first reports I read were like this one.^ Bryce Dejean-Jones had an argument with his girlfriend. Left. Came back to the apartment complex at 3am. Went to the wrong apartment. Kicked in the front door. The armed resident called out to him from his bedroom but got no response. Bryce decides to kick in the bedroom door too. Gets shot.

When I googled the event today, most of the top stories are this one, spun by his agent:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nba-player-bryce-dejean-jones-shooting-death-dallas-apartment/
    Apparently, Bryce came to the apartment to visit his daughter on her birthday, knocked gently on the wrong door, and was shot by a gun-toting maniac.
    Wow. The NBA decried the 'tragic' loss of a promising young player with a big future. He was just turning his life around, right? Then he was Gunned down by Gun-violence. Why do those guns have to be so violent? What a load of crap.

Anyway what's the over-under on the BAC in his toxicology report? I lost all my money being way under on Will Smith's and need to win some money back.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is an interesting one.
    http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...n-jones-dies-in-dallas-county-at-age-23.html/

The first reports I read were like this one.^ Bryce Dejean-Jones had an argument with his girlfriend. Left. Came back to the apartment complex at 3am. Went to the wrong apartment. Kicked in the front door. The armed resident called out to him from his bedroom but got no response. Bryce decides to kick in the bedroom door too. Gets shot.

When I googled the event today, most of the top stories are this one, spun by his agent:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nba-player-bryce-dejean-jones-shooting-death-dallas-apartment/
    Apparently, Bryce came to the apartment to visit his daughter on her birthday, knocked gently on the wrong door, and was shot by a gun-toting maniac.
    Wow. The NBA decried the 'tragic' loss of a promising young player with a big future. He was just turning his life around, right? Then he was Gunned down by Gun-violence.
    Why do those guns have to be so violent? What a load of crap.

Anyway what's the over-under on the BAC in his toxicology report? I lost all my money being way under on Will Smith's and need to win some money back.

Of course they will spin it to make the gun look bad.

Where are you seeing that in the CBS Link?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Not in that link. I have seen others though that basically point fingers at the gun culture and how violent gun deaths in the community are high.

That's nothing new my friend! We are living in the decade of the excuse! Maybe even the generation. It is far simpler to blame something or someone for acts of stupidity than to simply say; "What a tragedy! He screwed up, made a mistake that cost him his life, and he will be missed! My thoughts go out to the person that was forced to protect himself by killing another human being in this really unfortunate situation."

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It would stand to reason that the more educated people become, the less that they would listen or lend any credence to those that just pass off acts of stupidity or criminal behavior as a part and parcel of a larger problem, which is gun violence!

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I don't know when the generation of the excuse is going to end, but I know it began in January 2008!

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    "I don't know exactly what was said. It could have been just like a normal argument of any couple, but I think maybe that was the reason why he was walking around. Cool some air off. She went in the apartment first, and he was looking... I don't think he was breaking in as far as... I think he was frustrated he couldn't get in the apartment. He didn't have the keys," said Nichols.
    This mostly and other stories

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I read the story yesterday or the day before and it said that he kicked in the door of the apartment and the guy shot him thinking it was a home invasion. From what I had read the police were saying it was a clear case of self defense/stand your ground. Apparently he was trying to get to his girlfriends apartment and guessed wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom