People must be falling for this stuff. Just look how convincing they are now !

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Another thing that my Grandmother received was a legitimate looking check with instructions to call a particular number. We didn't call but I looked it up online and I think when you do they try to get all of your banking information. If you would try to deposit the check I don't think it would go through. The only reason that I caught it was because it came from and oil company called Chesapeake that we do work for.

Another thing that all of these scammers do once you fall for it is that they sell your name and contact information to the other scammers to get put on a "suckers" list. Our bank told us this when we were closing out my grandmother's accounts and opening new ones in our name for her. The problem for my grandmother is she is the sweetest old lady that you will ever meet that will never have a bad thing to say about anyone. She gets by fully independent on a very small retirement and social security. At 85 she only recently retired from full time work a few months ago. She gets by but does not have much money at all. It's not that she is extremely gullible but I think like a lot of older people, she thinks that the world is safer than it is and if it's illegal to do something then people wouldn't be doing it.

Then NEVER forget, con artists, thieves, scammers; have no regard for your grandmother or your family. They are just as much a pariah on society as a murderer. Think that's extreme? Imagine a person that worked their entier life on meager earnings, saving pennies each week for decades to be able to live independently when they are incapable of working/earning a living; and some scumbag has wiped that out. These once proud, hard working people are now indigent and dependent on family or society. To me, that is murder!

I say death penalty!

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    NO, I don't think thats to extreme.
    It is true, our grandparents grew up in a totally different era. We all know there are dishonest thieves out there, we are all taught this growing up.
    our grandparents never saw this coming. Snuck right up on them.
    Now thieves are armed with unlimited access to information , I guess I better understand why scamming activity is at an all time high.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Well after the second time it happened, the time she went behind our back to get money to pay the scammers, we closed her bank account and reopened another, got a PO box, and changed her phone number. We filter her mail, pay her bills with her own money, and giver her a little cash to spend on small things. Now, the only thing that we have to worry about is doing things like cancelling her supplemental insurance on her own because she thought it was too expensive. Boy, what fun that was.

I do feel very badly for other elderly people who may not have the support system that my grandma has. These scumbags take them for everything they have. I guess we are both lucky that the scammer originated from out of the country though because if I would have been able to find him I would have gone to where he was and kicked all of his teeth in.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well after the second time it happened, the time she went behind our back to get money to pay the scammers, we closed her bank account and reopened another, got a PO box, and changed her phone number. We filter her mail, pay her bills with her own money, and giver her a little cash to spend on small things. Now, the only thing that we have to worry about is doing things like cancelling her supplemental insurance on her own because she thought it was too expensive. Boy, what fun that was.

I do feel very badly for other elderly people who may not have the support system that my grandma has. These scumbags take them for everything they have. I guess we are both lucky that the scammer originated from out of the country though because if I would have been able to find him I would have gone to where he was and kicked all of his teeth in.

Consider your Grandmother lucky! There is alot of misery that befalls them at the hands of even the most unsuspecting individuals, less the true scumbags outside of the inner circle.

Top Bottom