Picatinny on Remington 700

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I picked up a Remington 700p LTR last week and would like to be able to easily swap scopes out with my AR-10. I know Warne Tactical makes a picatinny mount, as well as some others. Anyone have good/bad experiences with a picatinny base on a long range bolt rifle? I would imagine it would be just as solid as any other base. I just want to make sure I will not be sacrificing accuracy. Is the Warne mount a good one? Thank you.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Extreme Gun Works Base and Burris Extreme Tactical rings are both popular. They are where quality & price meet in a good way. Both being 'Extreme' is a coincidence. Picatinny is just a Weaver that has a spec on the slot dimensions & spacing from what I've seen & read. The Picatinny stuff I've used seems to lock up tight and repeatable.

Everbody I know is happy with the zero retention. That being said I don't move a scope unless absolutely necessary.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I have a Badger Ordinance 20moa on my .308 and a Seekins Precision on my .30-06. Both are top notch and extremely well made, but I'd give a nod to the Seekins from now on just cause the price is a bit better and they don't get much more of a class act than Glen.

Top Bottom