picked up a beater at the gun show v.870

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keano44

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Yeah, I could tell. I have often seen where people installed aftermarket forends when using a sidesaddle, and wondered why they didn't cut it as you did. I like it! I'd really like to see one cut out only on the side that needs the clearance, and re-finished to match the rest of the wood. I bet that would look cool. Maybe I'll do it.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Yeah, I could tell. I have often seen where people installed aftermarket forends when using a sidesaddle, and wondered why they didn't cut it as you did. I like it! I'd really like to see one cut out only on the side that needs the clearance, and re-finished to match the rest of the wood. I bet that would look cool. Maybe I'll do it.

smith625 has one cut out for the side saddle. Not sure if he refinished it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Today I was thinking about doing exactly what you did / are doing. I come home, log on to look at the pic thread for ideas and find this thread! lol

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Ok I'm stupid why do you need a sling for home defense? Is the an AWERBUCK thing? How big is your house that your arms get tired while carrying the shotgun around? Are you just going to sling it up, put on your body armor, and relax all night by the TV? Maybe you need to sling up while changing a baby's diaper?

Dave :)

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Ok I'm stupid why do you need a sling for home defense? Is the an AWERBUCK thing? How big is your house that your arms get tired while carrying the shotgun around? Are you just going to sling it up, put on your body armor, and relax all night by the TV? Maybe you need to sling up while changing a baby's diaper?

Dave :)

Because it's tactical.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Good find Spanky, out of curiosity - for someone with a lack of experience with shotguns, if I were to buy one from a gun show, what are some things I should look for to make sure I'm not buying someone else's junk? Specifically I would be looking for an 12 gauge 870 like this one. I'm sure they won't let you cycle 3 shells through it for safety reasons.

Top Bottom