pistol powder shortage?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    whats the deal? im not in the loop with reloading. i have some old stuff(3 lbs.) to reload .44 mag but it looks like i won't be able to replace the powder. looks like there are additional fees to order powder online at midway. any stores have pistol powder sometimes?

Geauxfish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I've been able to find more by chance than actual ordering. Some if the local reloading stores have started to get in a variety but it's not really been predictable. I've found some Blue Dot and Unique at Bass Pro and some alliant 300mp at Advance Weapon Systems. I was very surprised to find some of the more popular rifle powders at Cabelas recently (RL15 and Varget).

Kuhlpepsi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Slidell la
    Where can you find powder in the Slidell or north shore area? I have been looking for both pistol and rifle. Driving all the way to Cabelas and Bass Pro shop and not finding any is getting old.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Louisiana Gun has a fair selection of rifle powder. Still short on regular pistol powder. We do have some for the big bore handgun stuff.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun
    12728 Jefferson Hwy

RockingORanch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Check with Spillway Sportsman they have rifle I bought last of Winchester 231 they may get more in have primers for $35 per 1000 I did not know they were keeping reloading supplies until last week

Top Bottom