Pistol Questions.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    It looks like two of my revolvers may find new homes, & I will have some cash to spend on a new pistol.
    I have Glocks & 1911's.
    I like the 45 Auto round.
    What would be the better pistol to have of these?
    Taurus 24/7 OSS in 45
    SIG in 45 auto or .357SIG
    HK USP in 45

I also like the 9mm round.
    Which of these would be preferable?
    HK P7
    Walther P5

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I carry a P7 PSP 24/7 and put it through two classes now without problems. If you are in Baton Rouge you are more than welcome to try it out on the range and with my leather. I also have a P7 M8 and an M10.

I can answer any question you have about the P7.

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    I'm just sad that you would sell off your revolvers .

I shed no tears when parting with particular firearms that help me fund another purchase.
    I am parting with a 1943 Enfield No2 Mk1* in 38S&W, & a 1964 Korth service revolver in 38 Special. I WILL miss the Korth. The Korth is the highest quality revolver I have ever owned, but I prefer autoloaders.
    I will keep my Dan Wesson .357, My Ruger three screw Blackhawk in 30 cal carbine, an old Russian Nagant target revolver in 7.62, & a cheap little .22LR SA revolver made in Italy.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The Taurus 24/7 OSS in 45acp that I handled was nice and it shot very well. It has to many features for me but it along with their 1911 are signs that Taurus no longer wants to be 2nd Tier. I don't care for the USP series from HK but the HK45 is a diffrent animal it may be great I don't know. To be hones't with you all the guns you named are a over-priced in my opinion. Have you take a look at the M&P 45 and the SA XD45? They are both guns that cost half as much as a USP or Sig and to my expirence out perform either. To be totally honest I kind get a squishy feeling when I see the Glock 19 sized M&P 45(its the C I think).

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    Oldironsights, both HK and Sig are top-shelf pistols that won't let you down. I personally would not own a Taurus by choice, but lots of folks like them, so that's probably just snobbery on my part.

You've got a ton of different pieces to choose from; and half the fun is deciding what to get, eh? ;)

Thanks Trooper!
    I own three Taurus autoloading pistols, & I love them all!
    PT38S, PT99AFS, & PT1911. If the OSS is as good, I will consider it.
    I have SIG, Barretta, 1911 clones, but have always winced at paying such a high price for the real thing. I even have a HK rifle clone in a JLD/PTR MSG91.

I would like the real deal for once.

Top Bottom