Pit Bull story

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    The problem isn't with the pit bull and people.It is with the pit bull and other dogs.

They love people,but when they see another dog,they go nuts,its just instinct.
    I was offering my services free to kill all pit bull puppies and any pit bulls needing
    gone.

My 6 year old small house dog was mauled and killed in front of my wife.She
    was in a fenced in yard with a 6ft wooden fence.The pit bull charged through the
    fence to kill my dog.Needless to say.The dog was dead in 3 days after humane
    society put him down.Then my attorney sued the hell out of the neighbor.

The money could never replace my dog,but after each puppy I killed and big pits.
    I did feel a little bit better each time blood was splattered from any pit.FPB dogs.
    WORTHLESS POS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

gunguy11

So you killed puppies and dogs that had so far done nothing wrong?
    You man are one of a kind and I hope someone shows you the same neglect one day.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I am an animal lover. I quit hunting because I didn't like killing them. But when it comes to pit bulls I draw the line. I feel they should be outlawed and all of them put down. These animals were selectively bred to fight and you never know when or if it's going to snap and attack another dog or person. Every person who has had their own dog attack them or attack someone else always say the same thing "He's always been so gentle, he's never done anything like this before". And that's the problem, the dog can be the kindest most gentle dog you've ever seen one minute and attack the next without provocation. Yes I'm aware that a lot of them live out their lives never causing any problems but there's always the chance. And then there are the idiots who get pits just because of their reputation. And get their rocks off when ppl walk around them or the dog goes nuts when it encounters another dog laughing while struggling to control the dog. Get rid of them all and everybody will be safer.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The problem isn't with the pit bull and people.It is with the pit bull and other dogs.

They love people,but when they see another dog,they go nuts,its just instinct.
    I was offering my services free to kill all pit bull puppies and any pit bulls needing
    gone.

My 6 year old small house dog was mauled and killed in front of my wife.She
    was in a fenced in yard with a 6ft wooden fence.The pit bull charged through the
    fence to kill my dog.Needless to say.The dog was dead in 3 days after humane
    society put him down.Then my attorney sued the hell out of the neighbor.

The money could never replace my dog,but after each puppy I killed and big pits.
    I did feel a little bit better each time blood was splattered from any pit.FPB dogs.
    WORTHLESS POS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dad adopted a thug pig-bull once. It got along just fine with my German Shepherd, but it grew snappy, and then more and more aggressive toward me, my friends, and everyone else who was nice to it. Eventually I told him I was going to come over, take the Shepherd down the street so it wouldn't have to see it, and then destroy that pit bull. A week later he had it put down.

It was VERY shitty. The dog was about 70# and beautiful, very well muscle, one of the more muscular pits I have see that was not juiced. Sadly, it belonged to the trash that lost their house to the bank, and that my Dad purchased from said bank. The dog was left behind and came with the house. He now controls the entire neighborhood, but for a time did not. The dog used to be very friendly through the fence, wagging its tail, etc. Then the thugs took the dog somewhere, and when it came back, it was sullen, aggressive, skittish, and had a "blank" look in its eyes.

No, it wasn't that dog's fault, it was the **** that owned him that caused the whole problem. I have a friend locally who is good friends with a guy who breeds pits. They are child-friendly, yank their ears, ride them around, poke their belly, they just look at the kid and lick him. No, Pits are not the problem any more than 24" spinners cause drive-bys.

You, on the other hand, well, ignorant and sick is a nice way of saying it.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I am an animal lover. I quit hunting because I didn't like killing them. But when it comes to pit bulls I draw the line. I feel they should be outlawed and all of them put down. These animals were selectively bred to fight and you never know when or if it's going to snap and attack another dog or person. Every person who has had their own dog attack them or attack someone else always say the same thing "He's always been so gentle, he's never done anything like this before". And that's the problem, the dog can be the kindest most gentle dog you've ever seen one minute and attack the next without provocation. Yes I'm aware that a lot of them live out their lives never causing any problems but there's always the chance. And then there are the idiots who get pits just because of their reputation. And get their rocks off when ppl walk around them or the dog goes nuts when it encounters another dog laughing while struggling to control the dog. Get rid of them all and everybody will be safer.

Should we also put all the German Shepherds down?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

Pit bulls were not originally bred to fight other dogs. And when they did start gearing them toward dog fighting any dog that even looked at a human funny was killed instantly. So in a sense they were bred to be kind to humans unlike popular belief. The reason was that when two dogs were fighting eventually the owners had to break it up. And if two dogs are fighting and someone grabs one of the dogs you can imgine what can happen. The dog will react naturally and turn around and snap at whatever is grabbing him. To prevent this any dog that ever did that was killed. This produced a breed that is loyal to humans.
    Now you're right about them instinctivly not liking other dogs. Well guess what, there are many breeds that are just as bad when it comes to that. Many people will never change there opinion on them though no matter what and I think it's kinda sad because they are a good breed. I spend allot of time at the dog parks and have seen allot of fights break out. Usually it's just a mut that started it, but mostly.....it's labs

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana

I would have probably objected what you said a month ago but I seen a little girl mauled recently by two pitbulls first hand the damage they done since I was on call that night and worked the case. She will be scared for the rest of her life...and not just physically.

I have a good friend that owns two of them that i have taken care of on more than one ocasssion and they are nice and sweet but the temper button is still there and if they were to ever snap I would kill them both. Problem is who or what will they snap on before they are put down. I love them but strongly believe that if they bite the hand that feeds or a friendly it has to be done rather or not they are mine. It sucks to say that all should be put down but I don't see another way we made them what they are and are responsable.

As for the little girl she was just riding a bike and they attacked her and would have killed her. The owners didn't look like stand up citizens but unprevoked attacks are common and no matter how good of an owner you are it could happen at anytime rather its yours or someone else's. Dealing in absolutes with this bread would be the only way.

I can see me getting hammered for what I think now but there is a reason you can not get homeowners insurance with a pitbull/American bull. I am not sure if my opinion is slanted because of what I seen but thinking it could have been my niece or maybe someone's daughter in this case plays a big role in everyone's idea and what they think.

Last edited:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I love pitbulls, for the most part. My puppy (65lb), has only showed aggression when another dog snapped at my other smaller female, and when my brother in law hollered at my fiance, he came sit by her side made sure he didnt come close. I was attacked by a german shepard when i was a kid and required stitches, but my dad owned 100+ pitbulls and ive never had a problem. If you have a mentality of "kill all pitbulls", i dont recommend coming to my home.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    A bad dog is only the result of it's owner. I stand by that.

Yes pit bulls are aggressive. That stems from the lack of socialization, obedience training, attention and knowledge of the breed. Would I toss my toddler in with an unknown pit? Of course not. But that doesn't mean they're *bad* dogs.

Not all dogs are family friendly, or child friendly. Again that does not make them *bad* dogs. Not all dogs are made for home defense. Get a greyhound, they'll flop a tail in greeting at the burglar before they care about moving from their bed. Doesn't make 'em a bad dog either.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    A bad dog is only the result of it's owner. I stand by that.

Yes pit bulls are aggressive. That stems from the lack of socialization, obedience training, attention and knowledge of the breed. Would I toss my toddler in with an unknown pit? Of course not. But that doesn't mean they're *bad* dogs.

Not all dogs are family friendly, or child friendly. Again that does not make them *bad* dogs. Not all dogs are made for home defense. Get a greyhound, they'll flop a tail in greeting at the burglar before they care about moving from their bed. Doesn't make 'em a bad dog either.

That's a good idea of how i felt towards them. The dogs i have seen bite people the most are the small lap dogs and we don't hear much about it in the news because its not as extreme. Problem is the power they have and the temperment that goes along with it. Any dog over 50 lbs could do a ton of damage in this case. Do they have as much power or the temperment of a pit/bull? No.. I see germans used for a long time and still till this day by law inforcement for a good reason. They listen. Once a pit/bull gets mad or hurt it seems as though they blank out and get tunnel vision and no command other than death can release that grip.

I may be extremly wrong on this account and the number or service dogs that might be pits/bull would be few and far between the temperment is our doing and breeding. Wish they didn't have that switch because they would probably replace a lot of other dogs as far as work dogs, pets etc.

Last edited:
    G

gunguy11

It seems that members on this board are not only "know it alls" about guns but they are also a dog whisperer.
    Please feel free to research and read more than one biased article from the media that you choose to believe instead of forming your own opinion. I don't understand. You guys say the way the media presents topics is biased and ******** when it is a topic your against; but when your for it or don't know much it is just dandy and included all the info you need to enter a debate of misinformation.
    #1 All Time Dangerous Breed:

The #1 most dangerous breed are media outlets that deliberately breed fear, spreading myths and lies about dog breeds and canine behavior through irresponsible reporting and reinforcement of undeserved and negative breed stereotypes.

Please feel free to look on your own but due to misinformation the CDC no longer records canine bite by breed because of eyewitness information commonly found inaccurate in regards to actually identifying the breed.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    It seems that members on this board are not only "know it alls" about guns but they are also a dog whisperer.
    Please feel free to research and read more than one biased article from the media that you choose to believe instead of forming your own opinion. I don't understand. You guys say the way the media presents topics is biased and ******** when it is a topic your against; but when your for it or don't know much it is just dandy and included all the info you need to enter a debate of misinformation.
    #1 All Time Dangerous Breed:

The #1 most dangerous breed are media outlets that deliberately breed fear, spreading myths and lies about dog breeds and canine behavior through irresponsible reporting and reinforcement of undeserved and negative breed stereotypes.

Please feel free to look on your own but due to misinformation the CDC no longer records canine bite by breed because of eyewitness information commonly found inaccurate in regards to actually identifying the breed.

Not sure if you are referring to me but I've never came across that and if I did it wasn't ment. I used my personal experience and even called the news out on not reporting the dogs that most commonly bite people. Not sure if your an advocate for pit bulls or own one yourself from my experience i.e. my friends two dogs they have always been sweet. I've also seen the horrific outcomes of some attacks rather they were the owners fault or the dogs. You don't jail the mom of the murderer do you?

I'm not looking to start a internet back in forth just clearing up any grey area I might have left out.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    That's a good idea of how i felt towards them. The dogs i have seen bite people the most are the small lap dogs and we don't hear much about it in the news because its not as extreme. Problem is the power they have and the temperment that goes along with it. Any dog over 50 lbs could do a ton of damage in this case. Do they have as much power or the temperment of a pit/bull? No.. I see germans used for a long time and still till this day by law inforcement for a good reason. They listen. Once a pit/bull gets mad or hurt it seems as though they blank out and get tunnel vision and no command other than death can release that grip.

I may be extremly wrong on this account and the number or service dogs that might be pits/bull would be few and far between the temperment is our doing and breeding. Wish they didn't have that switch because they would probably replace a lot of other dogs as far as work dogs, pets etc.

Think about it. Lets use common sense here. What dog is most likely to be owned and abused by thugs? Is it any wonder they cause the most attacks? There is no mystery here.

Last edited:
    G

gunguy11

Not sure if you are referring to me but I've never came across that and if I did it wasn't ment. I used my personal experience and even called the news out on not reporting the dogs that most commonly bite people. Not sure if your an advocate for pit bulls or own one yourself from my experience i.e. my friends two dogs they have always been sweet. I've also seen the horrific outcomes of some attacks rather they were the owners fault or the dogs. You don't jail the mom of the murderer do you?

I'm not looking to start a internet back in forth just clearing up any grey area I might have left out.

oh no indeed man, it is hard to keep a clear tone when talking on here. I rarely mean to come across angered or driven. sorry.
    it was not directed at you, it was a general statement of what I observe here.
    I have owned one pitbull for a short time while trying to find a home for it; with my limited ownership not being my strongsuit but I have done a lot of research on many breeds while I pursued a path in the animal science dept. I actually have a scar on the right cheek and my cheek bone was fractured.... on easter of 05. my grandfather's lab launched at my face, good place to go for.... after he released I immediately instructed no one to harm the dog while he was wrong a "beating" would have only related negative energy. he was repremanded but not how most would think...
    took 5 stiches and a lot of pain though on my part lol

G

gunguy11

Think about it. Lets use common sense here. What dog is most likely to be owned and abused by thugs? Is it any wonder they cause the most attacks? There is no mystery here.

this is another important note; there are "provoked" attacks and "unprovoked" attacks.
    I know it may be a SHOCK to many of you but pitbulls are not at the top of the list in either category.....
    you should actually turn to your german breeds........

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    My grandmother had a pitbull when I was a kid. It was a great dog and would always play football with us and didn't snap when we would wrestle with it. Now days I see the pitbull puppies dragging blocks of concrete held by logging chains. I would never buy one for my kids nor myself If I didn't know exactly how it's parents we're raised.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    this is another important note; there are "provoked" attacks and "unprovoked" attacks.
    I know it may be a SHOCK to many of you but pitbulls are not at the top of the list in either category.....
    you should actually turn to your german breeds........

No-matter what data you look at, it's amazing Pit bulls account for so few attacks as they do considering how they are typically treated by many who own them.

Top Bottom