Pitted at 122 MPH. Has to be a record.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yep. And the criminals know it. I wonder if that discourages or encourages people running.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that write up was put out in a news release.
    They didn't, I was told about this by my friend at the house of a certain NOPD SGT from Mounted who went to 2nd District before moving out of state. IYKYK.
    RTF via PM.....LOL

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    You mean like NOPD ? Dont they terminate the pursuit if harsh language or stern looks are given (eye roll)....Hence why LSP is the only one chasing in NOLA.
    That’s if they even show up or don’t look the other way. I’ve had to call them twice at work in the past year. Once for a violent individual punching a lady in the face several times and once for a wreck. Both times they never did show up. NOPD is a dumpster fire. You will see them occasionally standing on the side of the road checking for break tags though. Such a joke. I’m glad I don’t live in NOLA.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That’s if they even show up or don’t look the other way. I’ve had to call them twice at work in the past year. Once for a violent individual punching a lady in the face several times and once for a wreck. Both times they never did show up. NOPD is a dumpster fire. You will see them occasionally standing on the side of the road checking for break tags though. Such a joke. I’m glad I don’t live in NOLA.
    We had to call the cops this past week and it took over five hours for someone to come out (despite the police station being ~200 ft away).

I was working out at my gym, which has floor to ceiling windows, and some dude pulls up, gets out, and starts pulling on car doors. A group of us are watching him through the windows and when he sees someone recording him on a phone, he gets into his car and aggressively drives away.

Anyway, my SUV was backed in and the front dash cam recorded him in beautiful 4k. License plate, eye color, everything LOL. I'm definitely happy I hardwired it in so it'd record constantly.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    We had to call the cops this past week and it took over five hours for someone to come out (despite the police station being ~200 ft away).

I was working out at my gym, which has floor to ceiling windows, and some dude pulls up, gets out, and starts pulling on car doors. A group of us are watching him through the windows and when he sees someone recording him on a phone, he gets into his car and aggressively drives away.

Anyway, my SUV was backed in and the front dash cam recorded him in beautiful 4k. License plate, eye color, everything LOL. I'm definitely happy I hardwired it in so it'd record constantly.
    Brown eyes ?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

The sad part is you can give them the evidence and I doubt they would do anything about it. I can understand to an extent being understaffed and not showing up for a car wreck with no one injured but not showing up to a violent attacker is just absurd. Hopefully I’m proven wrong and they go after the scum pulling on the car handles.

Also to anyone reading this. Let this be a reminder not to leave a firearm in your vehicle. I hear so many people say something like “ I never leave mine. It was the first time I did and it was stolen.”

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brown eyes ?
    Wow, A+. Good guess. I bet you can guess his hairstyle, too LOL.

The sad part is you can give them the evidence and I doubt they would do anything about it. I can understand to an extent being understaffed and not showing up for a car wreck with no one injured but not showing up to a violent attacker is just absurd. Hopefully I’m proven wrong and they go after the scum pulling on the car handles.

Also to anyone reading this. Let this be a reminder not to leave a firearm in your vehicle. I hear so many people say something like “ I never leave mine. It was the first time I did and it was stolen.”
    In this case, all of the vehicles were locked and the guy just went away.

Interestingly enough, the next day 6 cops showed up to the gym asking about it and requesting the video. My guess is that the guy and/or his vehicle were reportedly involved in something else....and they wanted a clear video with his face and his license plate.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Another exciting PIT this time in GA. Not as fast a pursuit, but perp vehicle rolls, spilling sh*t everywhere on the freeway, including the female driver. Sadly, she did not survive. Like a garbage truck rolled over. Action @ 3:50 in the video.

Last edited:

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    WOW! It's a wonder that the perp picked/was familiar with the route thru residential neighborhoods to get back to the interstate - and that traffic was so light. Could have ended with multiple innocents maimed or killed. This video is a 21st Century runner-up to the "BULLIT" chase. Kudos to Ark State Police.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The rules for FHP,GSP and ASP are more relaxed for PITs. The head of FHP does podcast saying his Troopers are encouraged to get in pursuits and put fleeing cars in ditches. It’s really an effective way to end pursuits instead of chasing cars until they hit a civilian. I wish the new governor would make it a law.

Top Bottom