pizza delivery man fired to protecting himself

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    The fact is, large corporations like Pepsico are not interested in the welfare of their employees. Their first priority is to shield themselves from potential law suits with policies like these. My belief is that the policies are fine for that purpose, but discretion should be had when enforcing them. I think that fellow got shafted by middle/upper management.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm in the same boat, unfortunately. I work for a beer distributor as a salesman, in one of the worst areas of town. I am licensed to carry a concealed weapon, a right I freely practice while off the clock, but not allowed to bring a weapon into my company vehicle. Fortunately, I've yet to come across any dangerous situations on the job, but in my mind it could be only a matter of time. On a daily basis I'm walking into small stores with numerous gang members with their varying colors of bandanas both inside the stores and outside in the parking lot. The longer I stay on this particular route, the more tempted I am to bring this point up to some of my superiors.

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    just dont tell anyone. nobody will ever know. in the event that you do have to use it, its better to get fired than to get dead

Top Bottom