Place to buy a confederate flag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It's not surprising to see people wanting to do away with Confederate flag considering I'd bet at least 90% of people have no clue what the Civil War was about.

Very true, hardly anyone understands that the industrialists from the North wanted to expand to the South even before the war. The war allowed them to come south much sooner.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Very true, hardly anyone understands that the industrialists from the North wanted to expand to the South even before the war. The war allowed them to come south much sooner.
    Not to mention that southerners were gaining wealth and influence that didn't sit well with many of the aristocrats of the day.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I don't think it's the flag that causes problems,
    it's the individuals, that use, said flag, to symbolize hate, separatism. .
    The flag itself is a harmless, inanimate object. With no feelings or emotions. Appreciated or not, its part of our history. It will never be forgotten.
    The controversy comes comes into play, when, it's used, as a icon, to rally / promote hate and or separatism.
    It's actually no different than our "evil" black rifles. It gets alot of negative comments and attention, If displayed in the hands of a tugged out dope dealer, or other destructive individuals.

As a citizen, we have the right, to buy, own, rent or sell anything w choose.
    So before condemning walmart, remember they don't sell swastikas, black panther memorabilia, or isis / Taliban items either.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Oh, let's imagine how hard it will be to re-inact those civil war battles people do with no rebel flag! I guess they will stop that too!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Oh, let's imagine how hard it will be to re-inact those civil war battles people do with no rebel flag! I guess they will stop that too!

I do wonder if we are headed in that direction. Will national parks or state parks refuse to host reenactments involving the Civil War because it is "divisive?"

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    c5775db43e145ebca9d0e15b6e8a902b.jpg

Well, I don't see what all the fuss is about...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    From the article:

"(It's) not someone who unites us, (it's) someone who celebrates a time period when we said it was OK to own people in our country," Anglim said.

So, with this thought process, with this rationale at work, we can just start with the Lincoln memorial and work our way down? I don't think any of this is about slavery as much as it is about flexing muscle and forcing something to happen in the name of a single race. I really don't wanna get on a soap box or be accused of being racist, but this is so far past ridiculous that I'm tempted to just put it out of my head until this country is totally transformed into the North American Union. Then move far far away

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    If I weren't married with a kid, I'd be out. I love this country, but not what it's being turned into. The sad thing is, we're being divided because it makes the media corporations more money to blow things like this up.

DangerClose3/5

Rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Covington
    From the article:

"(It's) not someone who unites us, (it's) someone who celebrates a time period when we said it was OK to own people in our country," Anglim said.

So, with this thought process, with this rationale at work, we can just start with the Lincoln memorial and work our way down? I don't think any of this is about slavery as much as it is about flexing muscle and forcing something to happen in the name of a single race. I really don't wanna get on a soap box or be accused of being racist, but this is so far past ridiculous that I'm tempted to just put it out of my head until this country is totally transformed into the North American Union. Then move far far away

You are correct. It's only to see how far it can be pushed until people push back. Only then you become a racist, bigot, etc ...

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Anyone who has disrespect for any nations flag should be dealt with properly !! This whole thing about racism and the rebel flag is ridiculous and childish not to mention a political statement based on who's in office of the presidency !! If you were born in this country you're an AMERICAN.....not any other nationality regardless of your heritage or where you were born!!! PERIOD !!!

RockingORanch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    There is no-one alive today that was a slave or a slave owner. This is all a part of history, learn from it. Attack a flags and monuments will not stop human feelings. It will create more resentment and hard feelings then it will stop.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Anyone who has disrespect for any nations flag should be dealt with properly !! This whole thing about racism and the rebel flag is ridiculous and childish not to mention a political statement based on who's in office of the presidency !! If you were born in this country you're an AMERICAN.....not any other nationality regardless of your heritage or where you were born!!! PERIOD !!!

its always interested me why we use the term "african american" and not "german american" "asian american" or "spanish american"? don't let a pos like sharpton see this post, ill be labeled racist. sorry, i just dont have any ties to my german heritage. I'll bet that 99.99999% of african americans 1) have never been to africa and 2) couldnt survive there for 30 days.

Regards to the flag: I see the confederate flag in the same light as the Nazi swastika - a touchable piece of history. Furthermore, one that sparks many excellent stories about what made this nation great. ie; Underground tunnels, freed slaves volunteering service for the union, and southern states fighting for what they believed in.

The confederate flag, like it or not, is symbolic of a populace of citizens fighting against the government over a disagreement of policy. If african americans (particularly in today's environment of anti-leo demonstrations) can't agree with or even tolerate that, I consider them ignorant racist bigots. No one alive was a slave or a slave owner, so can the slavery sentiment. If they are that infuriated about slavery, why don't they do something to actually stop it? (Yeah, it still exists. It's just inconvenient to discuss it apparently) /soapbox

Last edited:

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well this is going back about a month ago, Someone and I think it was on CNN said to the effect that the American flag was racist! So very recently our great flag was attacked. So is this the next "symbol" to be thrown under the bus? What is next??? Where will these idiots stop? I know my American flag in front of my house will stay up! Since 9/11 I have had the flag flying 24/7. I used to think we were attached from abroad, but now I see we are attacked from within also.

Top Bottom