Please explain this to me...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    Ok ,how is that Obama won when most of the states on the map they are showing is red and only a few are blue....doesn't that mean the McCain won those states...how the hell do they figure it out

I did take social studies, history and etc in school but I don't remember it being this confusing!

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    The whole Electoral College thing has got to go. It wouldn't really matter this time since the POS won the Electoral and popular vote. I just don't like how it makes it seem that the votes from Kalifornia and NYC are more important than Louisiana/Indiana/etc

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Electoral_College#Electoral_vote_distribution

That chart shows what states have what number of votes in the electoral college.

Some states have alot more "votes" than others and those are the states that they refer to as key states. California has 55 votes so winning California matters more than winning 5 or 6 other states whose votes don't add up to 55...

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Dang... Can't go to New York and California for vacations anymore...Those guys are hardcore Blue States.

Not necessarily. If you look at the breakdown of which counties voted for McCain in both of those states, I think you will probably find that a majority of the counties actually were Red. It's just that the big counties right on the coast with the majority of the population vote Blue.

I don't have any numbers and I haven't seen any maps yet, but I would guess right now that probably 75% of the country by land area voted McCain and only the counties on the Eastern Seaboard, large population centers in the Midwest, and the Western Seaboard voted Obama.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Because look at the electoral votes for each state.....States like Cali have 55, IL has 21, PA has 21, NY has 31 while the red states like La only have 9, Ms has 6, Tx has 34 but that is alot.

It sucks. I cant believe so much of America has been fooled.

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    The electoral college is brilliant. With a popular vote the ballot stuffing would be unheard of. The EC keeps it statewide and not countrywide. I think they will go after the EC once Obama gets in. In which case no republican will be elected again. This election just proves the country isnt racist, its just dumb.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I do like the electoral college, because in essance, it gives more of a say to the farmer in BFE mid-west USA than it does to the individual gang-banger, dope-runner, or welfare mom in the inner city.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    The reason he won is because as they were walking a grinch jumped over the lilac tree and as the truck backed up to the loading dock we all asked where did Mary go until the dog barked the tree needed spraying but she screamed as the boiled eggs were done everyone else seemed to me too.

Does any of that make any sense?

Just as much sense as wy NObama wun.

3wbdriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Leesville
    The telling point was made this morning that there are now NO Republican representatives for ANY of the large urban areas of the country. All of the cities have gone Liberal/Democrat. I.E Pro-welfare.

:eek3:

Top Bottom