Please Join Senator David Vitter, Congressman Bobby Jindal, NRA EVP Wayne LaPierre...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    On Wednesday, April 4, 2007, please join NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox, Representative Bobby Jindal (LA-1) and U.S. Senator David Vitter (LA) for a series of press conferences around the state to discuss the passage of landmark legislation protecting our Second Amendment rights.

Almost two years ago, the nation watched in horror as Hurricane Katrina devastated large parts of Louisiana and the Gulf Coast. Many residents of the "Sportsman's Paradise" fell victim to Katrina's intense winds and powerful storm surges. Unfortunately, countless Louisiana residents were victimized a second time as New Orleans authorities began confiscating firearms from law-abiding residents. At a time when 9-1-1 was non-existent and law enforcement was stressed with search and rescue missions, law-abiding citizens of New Orleans were left to the mercy of roving looters, robbers and thugs. This breakdown of civil order demonstrated the importance of our Right to Keep and Bear Arms and became a proving ground for what American gun owners have long feared: the day government bureaucrats would use a state of emergency to trample on the Second Amendment.

Vowing that such a travesty would never occur again, NRA made passage of legislation to prohibit federal, state and local authorities from confiscating lawfully owned firearms during declared states of emergency our top national priority. Last year, Louisiana Congressman Bobby Jindal, horrified by what he had seen in the wake of Katrina, introduced the "Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act" H.R. 5013 in the U.S. House of Representatives. H.R. 5013 overwhelmingly passed the House on July 25, 2006 with a broad bi-partisan margin of 322-99. Senator David Vitter (R-La) introduced the Senate version of the bill, a version of which passed the U.S. Senate by 84-16, the largest margin of victory for a NRA-backed measure.

On October 4, 2006, President Bush signed this legislation into law. This law now ensures that state and local governments can't disarm law-abiding gun owners during a declared state of emergency. We promised to do everything necessary to ensure that anti-gun politicians would never again declare the Second Amendment null and void and working with Second Amendment champions like Representative Bobby Jindal and Senator David Vitter, we were able to deliver on that promise.

Please join NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox, Congressman Bobby Jindal (R-LA) and Senator David Vitter as they discuss this historic legislation. They will be at the following locations:

Wednesday, April 4, 2007
    All times are CST.

8:00 a.m.
    Alexandria/Pineville event
    Security Sporting Goods
    2220 Memorial Drive
    Alexandria, LA

10:30 a.m.
    Monroe/Bastrop Event
    Simmon's Sporting Goods
    918 Washington Street
    Bastrop, LA

1:15 p.m.
    Shreveport/Bossier City Event
    Lorant's Sporting Goods
    1220 Shreveport Barksdale
    Shreveport, LA

4:00 p.m.
    Lake Charles Event
    Barney's Police and Hunting Supplies
    1700 East Prion Lake, Suite 8
    Lake Charles, LA

Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    I went to the conference today at 8am in Alexandria. The speech the guys gave was incredible. Wayne LaPierre started the conference with a great attack on the unjust confiscation in New Orleans, followed by Chris Cox, and Sen. Vitter.

Jindal closed with an awesome play by play on what happened in New Orleans, how utterly disgusted he and Sen. Vitter was with the entire thing, and what they did to stop it and make sure it never happens again. Jindal also added that even more legislation was in the works to further improve our 2nd Amendment rights here in Louisiana. He also spoke about the Governor's race and said he's in it to win...no matter who runs against him.

Jindal and I spoke one on one for at least 10-15 minutes before the conference started, and I told him he has my full support and I'll help him with any campaigning he does in the Central/North LA area. He is such an average-joe down to earth kind of guy and not at all what you'd expect from a politician, especially one that is likely to hold a position as powerful as the state Governor. I'd be proud to have him as Governor.

It was well worth getting up at 7am for and driving 45 minutes to attend, no doubt.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I am just sick! Literally and figuratively. I came down with the flu (I think) yesterday, and I could not make it today. As bad off as I was, I tried to shower up and go, but that cold air hitting me when I got out sent me into shivering convulsions for 45 mins. :(

I really wanted to let them know about Louisiana Carry. Grrr...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom