Please post your BOX STAND stand PIC and specs material list ect 5x5 or 4x6

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Emperor, do you know if they have these for 4x4 legs? If I dont find a stand for a decent price soon I will just build one.

Found some after 10 seconds of google. Thanks

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    If you are using plywood for the base I would go with 4x6 or 4x8. (you will be wasting 2 ft of plywood with a 4x6)

I'm also looking to build some box stands for the first time this year.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I used 4x4x16 for the four legs and extended it up through the box. Made the box six feet high and that made the floor ten feet from the ground. I made the box 4x6 so I could lay on the floor to take a nap. Used a couple of mobile home tie downs to secure it to the ground.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I thought if extending it all the way through with 4x4, but not sure how to get it down the trail in one big piece. I may have to bring the floor, legs, and walls seperate.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Put it together with deck screws. Take it apart where you can and bring it to the site. I had a pretty straight shot with mine, so it was no problem bringing it down the trail.

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    My last stand, I built in panels/sections. Floor section, front wall, left wall, right wall, back wall, access ladder and roof. It all fit on on a 4x8 trailer along with the 8" legs. Put the legs on the base and stood it up, then added ladder and with one helper it took shape quickly. Used screws and added 3.5 inch nails to attach walls to floor. Panels/roof were framed out with 2x2, the base was framed out with 2x6. Built in 08 and still standing/being used today. Meantime, I swapped leases and will be building another this year.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    My last stand, I built in panels/sections. Floor section, front wall, left wall, right wall, back wall, access ladder and roof. It all fit on on a 4x8 trailer along with the 8" legs. Put the legs on the base and stood it up, then added ladder and with one helper it took shape quickly. Used screws and added 3.5 inch nails to attach walls to floor. Panels/roof were framed out with 2x2, the base was framed out with 2x6. Built in 08 and still standing/being used today. Meantime, I swapped leases and will be building another this year.

Did you use tin or plywood for walls/roof?

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville

This is exactly how I built my box stand. It was necessary because of narrow trails leading to it. It's also much easier to raise when you have limited help.

Top Bottom