Please Pray for Sarah Palin.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oreo

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Red Stick
    buried with a chimp.

Hey now let not drag Bonzo into this...

reagan_bonzo.jpg

Last edited:

s2tbolt

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2007
    New Nola (aka Baton Rouge)
    "God only helps those who help themselves."

Another famous quote from the Book of "Isayit"

:chuckles:

We must continue to Pray for Gov Palin, her family, this election and our great country.

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
    2 Chronicles 7:14

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Show me were that is (not added by someone in modern times) in the mainstream Christian or Catholic Bible, and I will give you $20...

What is a christian bible? i didn't think there was a difference. Are you one of those people who goes around "witnessing" ? i have an uncle like that who is a nutjob.

I didn't say it was in the Bible, Koran, Torah or other religious book.

acme_labs

Purveyor of randomness
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Baton Rougeish
    There are many "bibles" out there. King James, New international Version, Revised standard version, English Standard version, The list of Bible versions and translations that Protestant and Non-denominational churches use is lengthy. The Catholic Church in the US uses a Bible called the New American Bible, and It has some extra books called the Apocrypha, which the Protestants do not accept, but that is not the point, I am just explaining my point. As far as nut job, nah, I enjoy theology, and realize that when all things are said and done, cities are burnt, the ammo is gone, and the end is now, God is still control, and Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven, end of story. I know what I believe, and why, but shoving a Bible down someones throat gets us NOWHERE.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    God helps those who help themselves: Another famous quote from the Book of "Isayit"

so if I just sit on my ass all day, God's going to cover my expenses? do the laundry? my kid gets raped I can just count on him to confront the rapist and those that covered it up? instead of calling the police on a home invader, I can count on God to show up and protect my family?

I don't think so.

1911heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2007
    God helps those who help themselves: Another famous quote from the Book of "Isayit"

so if I just sit on my ass all day, God's going to cover my expenses? do the laundry? my kid gets raped I can just count on him to confront the rapist and those that covered it up? instead of calling the police on a home invader, I can count on God to show up and protect my family?

I don't think so.

You'd do better to get an explanation from a clergyman rather than the internet, though here's 3 different sites that addresses your position. I hope this helps.:)

http://www.fbcvilonia.com/sermons/lies/helps.htm
    http://www.gotquestions.org/God-help-themselves.html
    http://www.soulprogress.com/html/ArticlesFolder/Articles/GodHelpsThose.shtml

acme_labs

Purveyor of randomness
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Baton Rougeish
    (This is about as coarse as I get)
    Any day I would rather you be a smartass than a dumbass.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, go see what his links have to say, life is short, God even loves idiots like me, and when it is all said and done, He is all there is...how many people who claim to be atheistic or irreligious, when put in horrifically stressful situations, loudly exclaim "Oh my God!!!!!"?
    By the way, we are given families, minds, resources, and skills, and are expected to use them, to be self sufficient and care for them to the maximum capability we can, meanwhile returning some to God out of thanks, not duty: This is called stewardship. As I interpret the Word of God reduced to print, the Bible, If some one with evil intent breaks into my house to hurt my family, as a good steward of my family, I will defend them with what ever means necessary to protect them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom