Pmag infomercial, lol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    All PMAGs have a non-tilt follower too.

True.

I am not saying GI mags are crap. Hell, I have plenty.

And I do not believe in change for the sake of change either.

I just think with the comments and backhanded remarks being made about Magpul, it is important to separate the gear and the training. yes, they do work hand in hand in some ways, but with the PMAG for example, the overwelming majority of people who actually shoot more than a class or two swear by them. That means something to me.

I think the PMAG is truly great gear and is a product that has come at the right time.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    If anyone has more of either, lets discuss.

Apparently they do not randomly catch fire either. Which is always good.

I have not used any p mags, and have very little AR exposure. But if the pmags are anything like the bulgarian polymer ak74 mags then I would gladly give them a try.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    SO what are these "advertising practices " you are referring to?

Like I said, they don't do anything that any company across the globe doesn't seek to do. My tone may have been off-- I don't see anything wrong with it. Left up to me, a product would stand on its own two legs and advertising would be limited to demo exhibitions and reputation.

That said, Magpul would own all others. I think their product are the bees knees. I have two CTR stocks, two MS2 slings, an ASAP plate, a MIAD grip and a host of rail covers. They are all my very favorite on the market. I'm with you on Magpul being the best, whether it's "kool-aid" or not.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    In all seriousness, why not the E mag? As I understand it, the Pmag is kinda milspec but not officially milspec - which makes sense, in that there are some guns that feed USGI but not pmags - but apparently the emag is a few thousandths smaller, but should work in the guns that don't like pmags.

So, honest question - why are pmags still the top dog in the magpul world if the emag solves the problems the pmag had?

Because the E-mags are $22 bucks. :eek3:

1 Emag = 2 Pmags = 3 GI mags (sometimes more)

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    In all seriousness, why not the E mag? As I understand it, the Pmag is kinda milspec but not officially milspec - which makes sense, in that there are some guns that feed USGI but not pmags - but apparently the emag is a few thousandths smaller, but should work in the guns that don't like pmags.

So, honest question - why are pmags still the top dog in the magpul world if the emag solves the problems the pmag had?

pmag- optimized for ar15/m16/m4

e-mag-optimized for Tavor, SCAR,HK416,SA80,AR70/90,ARX-160, and other foreign type stanag compatible rifles even though the emag will work fine in an AR15

i dont really think theres much difference between the 2

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    The difference, in my admittedly limited experience, is that no one says the emags didn't work in their (name that gun) whereas I know of at least three guns (none of them mine), discounting the 416, that eat milspec mags but don't like PMAGs.

One of them will shoot pmags semi but not full auto (!?!)

And I think Teddy's gun had some "will like this, won't like that" issue

And another that they just flat didn't work in a stock Colt that had zero issues with USGI green follower mags.

It doesn't matter to me in the least, if the pmags work in your gun, and you like them, they are so inexpensive, why not? Louis likes them, Tiger hasn't seen any consistent problems I'm aware of, etc - and those guys see a lot of pmags.

Just curious on the p/e thing - sounds purely like a $$ issue - I just like USGI mags. They have yet to let me down, even the ones I've abused in classes.

ETA - if magpul would make a 5.45 p/e mag, I'd buy some! The C products are OK but... "ok". The stainless mags showed more use/abuse after one class than my 5.56 usgi show after every other class I've taken.

Apparently our experiences differ, because since PMAGS have been out, I have probly been in the presence of at minimum 250 different AR-15's, and I have yet to meet one that did not effectively run PMAGS.

I KNOW you have been around a few AR's yourself, so I find that a little odd.

Granted, I am sure they are out there, but they are rare.

As stated, the E-MAG stands for Export-MAG, so you can figure that one out. It has a little loser tolerance to work in a specific list of guns.

Every issue I have ever seen on a range involving a magazine has been with a GI mag, including my own. The one exception being a freak incident with a completely failed PMAG. One had simply cracked smack in half. However, i have seen probably 20 GI Mags with busted seams--it happens.

I know some people like to use Colt as the gold standard, but most of the problems i have seen with 150-200 rifles on the range in the last year have been with Colts. Sorry, but I don't ride the Pony as faithfully as most :D

I guess like some feel about PMAGS, great gun, but not necessarily the bees knees. There are other equal and arguably better options out there.

FWIW, if given the opportunity, I am going to pick a PMAG everytime.

Cost aside, most agree the PMAG is a better option.

However, nothing is "wrong" with GI mags necessarily, I just see the PMAG as taking up some of the shortcomings.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

because that is not a totaly true statement. It does not solve all the problems.

it is kinda like saying why do we have a pickup and an SUV if they both can haul stuff? Well, they both can haul different stuff and are optimized for that.

pmag- optimized for ar15/m16/m4

e-mag-optimized for Tavor, SCAR,HK416,SA80,AR70/90,ARX-160, and other foreign type stanag compatible rifles even though the emag will work fine in an AR15

i dont really think theres much difference between the 2

This

Last edited:

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Are 5.45 AR mags a problem to find, as per .308/7.62X51? I own neither, but I hear a lot "through the grapevine" about the 7.62 NATO, just wondered if the 5.45 was the same.
    not hard to find, just limited in choice as there are only 1 or 2 manufacturers out there who make the 5.45 AR mags

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville

just remembered that

the pmag wont fit in some rifles with an extended mag well like an FS2000

emag is like a stanag width pmag so it would be able to fit them

Last edited:

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Get a few beta's and then u aint got to stack **** cept bodies. Nothing beats a set of Monkey Balls!

BetaMag1.jpg

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom