Police: Two Dead in Abbeville Shooting *** UPDATED***

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • girl1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    wow ... never ends :(

every day its something!!

http://www.katc.com/news/police-two-dead-in-abbeville-shooting/

*** UPDATE***

Abbeville police have made an arrest in an apparent double murder that took place early Tuesday morning. Family members have identified the victims as Mike Guidry, 24, and his brother, Gary, who turned 25 today. Officials were called to their home in the 800 block of Alphonse Street after neighbors say a roommate found the Guidry brothers had been shot. According to a neighbor, the Guidrys were among six people living in the residence. Police have not yet released the name or any other details about the suspect or what his charges are

Last edited:

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    There has always been this kind of thing going on. It's only recently that the media has hyped up their media coverage over every issue that pops up. It's all sad, but we are just starting to hear more on it every day. Having said that, I do believe people are starting to become more bold in blatant violence, from escalation of their passions.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    There has always been this kind of thing going on. It's only recently that the media has hyped up their media coverage over every issue that pops up. It's all sad, but we are just starting to hear more on it every day. Having said that, I do believe people are starting to become more bold in blatant violence, from escalation of their passions.

And it will start to climax tonight during the state of the union address. The media is so anti gun it not even funny. Someone(media) needs to stand up and call Obama out on alot of things he has failed on!

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    The worst thing to me is it's mostly criminal on criminal crime, oh wait we can fix that lets take all the guns from the law abiding middle we can paint some targets on em and send em out into the fray.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky

This makes a lot of sense to this Radical Moderate.

It seems to me people hiding behind their cpu monitor have become accustomed to lashing out at invisible individuals on the internet and this is carrying over to personal encounters, not that this is applicable here.

It is a result of instant communication, which is both good and bad.
    :ninja:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Alphonse Street, color me not surprised.

If only we had universal background checks! The bad people who did this would have been irresistibly compelled to do the right thing and become good, productive people!!! :wtc:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    The worst thing to me is it's mostly criminal on criminal crime, oh wait we can fix that lets take all the guns from the law abiding middle we can paint some targets on em and send em out into the fray.

AND, Publish their names with a map of where they live and what type of weapons that they own.:draw:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Yep. Call me a selfish bastard, but I resent the living hell out of gun owners getting blamed for the actions of CRIMINALS.

I have YET to have a pro-gun control person explain to me what's in their magic potion that forces criminals to suddenly obey. Guess it's gonna be a long wait....:dunno:

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    That pales in comparison to the four who were shot on the 400 block of Bourbon St. this past Saturday night around 11pm. Can you imagine the crowd on the street at that time? It's a wonder no stray rounds hit others in the background.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    It was two brothers who were shot. LEO has made an arrest but no more details yet. I was born & raised in Abbeville, it used to be a nice quiet little town.

I was born and raised there myself. In a way, it is kind of shocking to hear about all the violence down there recently, but in another way it is not. I was in high school when it seemed as though a crack dealer was popping up on every corner. Then after college, I was still working in the Abbeville area and in the Kiwanis club with the then Chief of Police. I remember him telling me that for every drug dealer he put behind bars there were at least three more willing to take his or her place on the streets. I still manage some family property out there, but I rarely travel to the part of the city where all the crime occurs.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    That pales in comparison to the four who were shot on the 400 block of Bourbon St. this past Saturday night around 11pm. Can you imagine the crowd on the street at that time? It's a wonder no stray rounds hit others in the background.

FWIW I Heard 3 of the 4 were strays

Top Bottom