Poll: Cruises - Love em or Hate em

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are your thoughts on cruises?

• Love em

Votes: 7 21.2%
    • Hate em

Votes: 7 21.2%
    • Haven't been

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters

2A Travel

PM for Cruises, Vacations, Disney and More!
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2024
    What are your thoughts on cruises? I'm interested to see if the cards land the way I think they will.

While it's quick and easy to respond to the poll, I'd be very interested to hear your rationale for why you feel the way that you do. What ships have you been on and what did you love vs what did you hate? If you haven't been on a cruise, what are your reservations or reasons for not cruising? What would make you consider trying one?

Lastly, a completely shameless plug - we are certified to sell cruises on all of the major cruise lines. I've personally cruised out of multiple ports in the United States and have very strong preferences on which cruise lines I love, vs which I will never go back on (looking at you, Carnival!). I'll share my thoughts in a future post. But for now, I'd love to hear from you, below, and if you're interested in discussing travel for you and your family for this year or next, drop me a PM or contact us at our website! We offer exclusive deals, no fees, and support pro-2A and pro-USA values.

2A Travel

PM for Cruises, Vacations, Disney and More!
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2024
    Love cruises. I’ve been on close to 15 carnival cruises and absolutely love them. Great bang for your buck.
    Totally agree, though have you considered trying other cruise lines? Carnival is a good "entry level" cruise, but stepping up to Norwegian, Princess, Virgin, or Royal Caribbean is often worthwhile.

You can't go wrong with any of the above with regards to "bang for your buck!"

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I think its subjective to the cruise company. If the company is Spirit Airlines, but on the water, then its a hard no. If the cruise company is Etihad Airlines on the water then yes I would take one.

Very different types of passengers to deal with.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I shouldn't comment on this thread but here's my dime. LOL

I view cruises about the same as I do hotels/motels. With almost 100% certainty, those spaces are not clean and sanitary as I prefer. They may look nice, but it's the things you can't readily see that I don't want.

Just one example of many possibilities:

1000001794.jpg
    1000001795.jpg
    1000001796.jpg

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Attachments

• IMG_4376.png
      IMG_4376.png
      2.8 MB · Views: 28

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I shouldn't comment on this thread but here's my dime. LOL

I view cruises about the same as I do hotels/motels. With almost 100% certainty, those spaces are not clean and sanitary as I prefer. They may look nice, but it's the things you can't readily see that I don't want.

Just one example of many possibilities:

I just don't get people who are germ obsessed. You do realize your skin will protect you, right?

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    I just don't get people who are germ obsessed. You do realize your skin will protect you, right?
    True, i see it often especially new parents trying to keep their child germ free and the child get sick when they start school. Germs make us strong so when the real dangerous stuff hits our immune system is ready to rock and roll.
    So next time your child wants to play in the grey water in the front ditch let them have fun!

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    You are correct; your epidermis will keep many microorganisms out of your body, offering protection from said, but that is only one detail in the grand scheme of things. There are some ailments that don't need broken skin or an orifice to do their nasty work.

One common one: athlete's foot.

One of the many things I don't want on me is another man's se*en. Whether that se*en contains a disease-causing microorganism or not, won't change my desire to avoid it. Hell, I don't want another human's bodily fluids on me regardless of their gender or the location from which it came, if I don't already "swap bodily fluids" with them.

Just because I'm a fisherman does not mean I want to Sail The Seven Seas Of Se*en. LOL

1000001798.jpg

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You are correct; your epidermis will keep many microorganisms out of your body, offering protection from said, but that is only one detail in the grand scheme of things. There are some ailments that don't need broken skin or an orifice to do their nasty work.

One of the many things I don't want on me is another man's se*en. Whether that se*en contains a disease-causing microorganism or not, won't change my desire to avoid it. Hell, I don't want another human's bodily fluids on me regardless of their gender or the location from which it came, if I don't already "swap bodily fluids" with them.

Just because I'm a fisherman does not mean I want to Sail The Seven Seas Of Se*en. LOL

View attachment 167905
    Uhm. Okay.

Do you think that's going to happen on a cruise lol

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Cruises are the Golden Corral of vacations.

I’ve been on a couple of cruises and am considering another next summer(Alaskan Cruise so I’m building it up to be different and better).

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I did not say germs should be sought out. But there are a lot of other places people can find germs in similar abundance and variety. Rarely should the possibility of encountering germs be the deciding factor for doing something or not doing something.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    There is absolutely nothing that a cruise offers that I would be even remotely interested in. I've heard all the testimonials and high five ratings.....still a nope for me. When I travel I like to do it on my own schedule in the continental USA...and at my own pace....which may change at any moment once I leave home. Free spirit here with no interest in night life, bars, shows or loaded buffets. I'm not criticizing those who do like cruises. Whatever floats your boat. (pun intended) I'm happy for you. It's just not my cup of tea.

Top Bottom