Positive outlook

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Instead of being so negative about our new President elect lets try to think of some positive things he will do for us.

When you find out what those things are you let me know!:mad:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    All I know is I used to want to be a member of the six figure club. Not any more.

That does not matter. When the redistribution comes the very rich will find a way around it and the poor do not have anything to redistribute. That means we will be paying that bill.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Tax the evil rich people. Too bad those people control products and services the rest of us use and pay for. Tax them more, they just add that cost onto those same services and goods and we end up paying for. Feels good to tax the rich, but only the lower income people pay when that happens.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I wold really like Jindal to stay here at home for a while, but if he is needed for a larger purpose is 4 years, so be it.

How about Jindal and/or Huckabee?

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Armageddon will have come and gone in 4 years.

Bad things happen when good people stand around and do nothing.

I'm not a good person so don't blame me.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    All I know is I used to want to be a member of the six figure club. Not any more.

Having a business allows for reducing taxable profits. It is only a profit after the cost of doing business is paid. Only wages are taxable for SSI and medicare taxes. Owners of LLC's and S Corps can take profits out and pay only federal taxes on it. This allows for considerable economic flexibility. I'm already planning for the future. My CPA and I will be meeting soon.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I Believe.....

They say if you teach a man to fish, he can feed himself for life. Well I believe we have enough fishermen and what we need to do is take some of those fish and give them to the poor!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I heard from someone today (unreliable) that he's pushing a 1% tax on business that was based on revenue, not profit...
    I'd take Jindal/Palin or Jindal/Huckabee or Jindal/Satan at this point... Where can I get some Jindal 2012 bumper stickers????
    I saw on Fox that Osama picked Rahm Emanuel as a chief of staff. I thought Obama got elected so we could have a black President. Is he going to pick all foreigners for his cabinet? I thought he was for 'the black man'?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I heard from someone today (unreliable) that he's pushing a 1% tax on business that was based on revenue, not profit...
    I'd take Jindal/Palin or Jindal/Huckabee or Jindal/Satan at this point... Where can I get some Jindal 2012 bumper stickers????
    I saw on Fox that Osama picked Rahm Emanuel as a chief of staff. I thought Obama got elected so we could have a black President. Is he going to pick all foreigners for his cabinet? I thought he was for 'the black man'?

Jindal/Satan 2012 FTMFW!!! :D

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana

Lot O' change there. lol
    All the old Clinton people back in office. :rolleyes:

Art

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    http://gawker.com/5077567/obamas-knife+wielding-political-killer

The Illinois Congresssman still hasn't accepted Barack Obama's offer to be his Chief of Staff, but it seems like he probably will. Would you like to learn more about Rahm Emanuel? You could start with this classic story:

The best Rahm Emanuel story is not the one about the decomposing two-and-a-half-foot fish he sent to a pollster who displeased him. It is not about the time - the many times - that he hung up on political contributors in a Chicago mayor's race, saying he was embarrassed to accept their $5,000 checks because they were $25,000 kind of guys. No, the definitive Rahm Emanuel story takes place in Little Rock, Ark., in the heady days after Bill Clinton was first elected President.

It was there that Emanuel, then Clinton's chief fund-raiser, repaired with George Stephanopoulos, Mandy Grunwald and other aides to Doe's, the campaign hangout. Revenge was heavy in the air as the group discussed the enemies - Democrats, Republicans, members of the press - who wronged them during the 1992 campaign. Clifford Jackson, the ex-friend of the President and peddler of the Clinton draft-dodging stories, was high on the list. So was William Donald Schaefer, then the Governor of Maryland and a Democrat who endorsed George Bush. Nathan Landow, the fund-raiser who backed the candidacy of Paul Tsongas, made it, too.

Suddenly Emanuel grabbed his steak knife and, as those who were there remember it, shouted out the name of another enemy, lifted the knife, then brought it down with full force into the table.

''Dead!'' he screamed.

The group immediately joined in the cathartic release: ''Nat Landow! Dead! Cliff Jackson! Dead! Bill Schaefer! Dead!''

His brother Ari is the insane agent parodied by Jeremy Piven on Entourage (he also inspired Bob Oedenkirk's agent on Larry Sanders, and most other savage parodies of powerful agents). His other brother is, uh, an oncologist. Anyway! Attack dog! Shark elbows! And ballet!

When Rahm was a boy, his mother forced him to take ballet lessons, and he threw himself into it with the same intensity he would later bring to politics, winning a scholarship to the Joffrey Ballet. Friends jokingly theorize that his toughness is actually an outgrowth of being a ballet dancer: With that sort of thing on your resume, you had better be ready to fight if you hope to survive in Chicago politics. "The guy had been a ballet dancer in college," says Bruce Reed, "yet grown men lived in mortal fear of what he might do to them if they couldn't get the answer he wanted."

He's a great source of material, and, obviously, this is fantastic news for people who worried that cool, calm competence would mean the end of entertaining political journalism in an Obama era.

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    Good news: They didn't get the 60 members of Congress
    Bad News: We still have RINOs in office that will vote with the Dems. Flush them and get real conservatives in office in 2010.

Palin needs to be on top of the ticket this time around. No more moderates (Romney, Huck, etc.) Find her a strong conservative and take back the white house.

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    Palin? are you serious i know people who didn't vote mccain simply because of how stupid she is.

No one likes the war, no one likes the slow dissolving of our personal liberties.
    Thats why mccmoron lost.

If you want to win the next election you have to put Non Neo Con in the race.

Top Bottom