Possible homicide in my neighborhood. Any help?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My wife called and said that when she came home today there was a crime scene line,LEOs, and a woman crying in the street outside of a house. This is in Pin Oak subdivision in Baton Rouge near Antioch and Jefferson Hwy intersection. I've never known of any violent crimes to have occurred here since I've lived there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm at work and can't leave right now.

Thanks

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Strange that he picked your neighborhood. Used to live in Old Jefferson years back and it was odd to have anything like that happen..Sad story with a sad ending.

RagManBR

Have gun, will travel.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    To a normal person, jail may not be bad compared to killing yourself. However these people have already proven themselves to make poor choices based on their actions. When it comes to their suicides, what is another bad choice made after a series of other terrible choices. In the recent hit-and-run/suicide, I read that the suspect had a history of DWI. Maybe he finally got to his third DWI, making it a felony. Either way, a series of bad decisions ending in a really bad decision.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    We had one here in Slidell several years back, EMT's reported a possible DWI to a deputy who initiated a stop, trooper pulled in behind to assist, and immediately upon stopping the driver exited, started running across the highway, and in mid-stride put a gun to his head and ended it. He'd apparently been rollin' on Ecstasy at some party, had a bunch of assorted pills on him, and for still unknown reasons, offed himself in the middle of US 190, leaving some girl he'd met in the passenger seat of the car. Ruger SP-101 .357 Magnum, LARGE scatter area. Drugs make people do weird things.

As for multiple shots, only about a year to year-and-a-half ago, STPSO had a guy do himself in the parking lot behind a daiquiri shop on 190 here in Slidell, I believe it took him three tries under his chin before he got it right (wasn't on that scene, but that's the story from the EMTs).

Suicides in general, strangest I've heard in this area was a guy who, having no car or garage, taped and toweled up the window and door of the bathroom in his house and asphyxiated himself on the fumes from a gas weedeater. Creepiest was one I went to where a guy hung himself in the attic on a Thursday, due to relatively cool weather keeping temps low in the uninsulated attic, decomposition and "odor" was not very advanced, and he was only found by chance on the following Monday when a family member entered the attic to mess with the cable splitter. They'd reported him missing, including things he'd said suggestive of plans to kill himself, but unknowingly lived in the apartment through the whole weekend while he was dead in the attic.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    No, Not Really, Darwinisen has caught up with him, By his own design, Good riddance, The next family he could have killed may have been yours...our mine.

To a normal person, jail may not be bad compared to killing yourself. However these people have already proven themselves to make poor choices based on their actions. When it comes to their suicides, what is another bad choice made after a series of other terrible choices. In the recent hit-and-run/suicide, I read that the suspect had a history of DWI. Maybe he finally got to his third DWI, making it a felony. Either way, a series of bad decisions ending in a really bad decision.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    A friend of mine sold his G19 to a guy who killed himself with it once upon a time. Sad stuff. Was about to start med school.

Top Bottom