Possible IED cleared at BZ

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Sunday evening, my cousin and I went to the Logtown part of the BZ to shoot in the red pit. We didn't see any other cars out there for the 45 mins or so we were shooting. We decided to go check out the Napoleon part of the BZ and on our way out we came across a startling surprise.

At the corner of the main road and 604, in the middle of the opposite lane, there was an ornately decorated cupcake the size of a cantaloupe on a foil lined plate, sitting in the middle of the road. It had white frosting with a cherry on top and red things (strawberries?) in the frosting.

We parked and exited the vehicle to determine the nature of the pastry. It couldn't have been there on our way in, as my tiny car wouldn't have had the clearance to pass over it. We didn't see anyone around celebrating a birthday on the corner of the highway. There was no way that it fell out of the back of a bakery truck as it appeared to be carefully placed there.

What stuck out in our minds was the fact that this huge cupcake was placed on top of a plate wrapped in tin foil. The tin foil could have concealed anything. For all we know, the plate was full of C-4. Another thing that seemed odd was the size of the cupcake. It was the largest and most ornate cupcake i had ever seen. It was almost as though this frosted creation's sole purpose was to attract the attention of a passing driver.

With these observations in mind we could come to only one conclusion...

papfoaabg.jpg

Knowing full well that this could have easily been a terrorist constructed IED, tactically placed to dispatch freedom loving American riflemen, I had to make a swift decision on how to handle the situation. Should I set out road flares and contact the bomb squad for inspection and disarmament? Should I throw a rock at it from cover and pray for no shrapnel spray? I took most sensible and heroic choice available to save the lives of other shooters who may happen to fall victim to this trap. I bladed at 45, ducked behind the engine block of the car, and issued the command for my cousin to go pick it up.

Turns out it was just a cupcake. Did one of you guys put it out there?

I'll post pics from my cousin's phone in the morning when he gets up.

Last edited:

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Sunday evening, my cousin and I went to the Logtown part of the BZ to shoot in the red pit. We didn't see any other cars out there for the 45 mins or so we were shooting. We decided to go check out the Napoleon part of the BZ and on our way out we came across a startling surprise.

At the corner of the main road and 604, in the middle of the opposite lane, there was an ornately decorated cupcake the size of a cantaloupe on a foil lined plate, sitting in the middle of the road. It had white frosting with a cherry on top and red things (strawberries?) in the frosting.

We parked and exited the vehicle to determine the nature of the pastry. It couldn't have been there on our way in, as my tiny car wouldn't have had the clearance to pass over it. We didn't see anyone around celebrating a birthday on the corner of the highway. There was no way that it fell out of the back of a bakery truck as it appeared to be carefully placed there.

What stuck out in our minds was the fact that this huge cupcake was placed on top of a plate wrapped in tin foil. The tin foil could have concealed anything. For all we know, the plate was full of C-4. Another thing that seemed odd was the size of the cupcake. It was the largest and most ornate cupcake i had ever seen. It was almost as though this frosted creation's sole purpose was to attract the attention of a passing driver.

With these observations in mind we could come to only one conclusion...

Admiral-Ackbar-trap.jpg

Knowing full well that this could have easily been a terrorist constructed IED, tactically placed to dispatch freedom loving American riflemen, I had to make a swift decision on how to handle the situation. Should I set out road flares and contact the bomb squad for inspection and disarmament? Should I throw a rock at it from cover and pray for no shrapnel spray? I took most sensible and heroic choice available to save the lives of other shooters who may happen to fall victim to this trap. I bladed at 45, ducked behind the engine block of the car, and issued the command for my cousin to go pick it up.

Turns out it was just a cupcake. Did one of you guys put it out there?

I'll post pics from my cousin's phone in the morning when he gets up.

I lol'd

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Logtown is in the Stennis Buffer Zone south of I10.. pass the rest area.. Make the first right.. Then turn right again and there is a big red pit on the right.. I shoot there.And am normally alone... I have only been there once and seen anyone else out there..

I have never been to the one on the north side of I10..

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    That is a big cupcake.. But its the worst attempt at terrorism attempt ever...

Are they trying to kill you with high blood sugar???

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Did you eat the cupcake?:D

While we determined that disturbing the cake did not cause a detonation, we were still concerned that removing it from the plate may. After a quick deliberation we decided that it was best to leave it as we found it, in consideration of the possibility that a jihadist may be hiding in wait, planning a birthday surprise for a friend. Our other concern over eating it was the possibility poisoning.

I was convinced that even if the cupcake wasn't an IED, eating it could not possibly turn out well. Being in a secluded wooded area, just us and a huge cupcake, either some Hansel and Gretel **** was in store for us or some country boys were going to jump out of the thick, ready to reenact deliverance.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    If I remember my movie bomb disposal methods correctly it would have been appropriate to blast it with a 12 ga loaded with bird shot...

maybe there's a deer or hog with a sweet tooth that someone was trying to bait out.

Top Bottom