Post From Vermillion Parish S. O.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    1f4a1.png
    Did you know that there are restrictions on "Carolina Squatted" vehicles? If the bottom of the front fender is six (6) inches or greater than the height of the bottom of the rear fender the vehicle is in violation. The vehicle may also be in violation of the laws pertaining to the height and direction of the front headlights as described in a previous segment.
    §381.1. Prohibited vehicle modifications; wheel well
    A. No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon any highway if, by alteration of the suspension, frame, or chassis, the height of the front fender is six or more inches greater than the height of the rear fender. For the purposes of this Subsection, the height of the fender shall be a vertical measurement from and perpendicular to the ground, through the centerline of the wheel, and to the bottom of the fender.
    B. The provisions of this Section shall only apply to vehicles with no payload and no trailer attached.
    Squatted vehicles present a unique road hazard for some of the following reasons;
    1) The headlight are often not adjusted for the modification, blinding oncoming drivers.
    2) The front bumper is no longer aligned with the roadway meaning the possibility of "drive over" of smaller vehicles.
    3) The driver of the squatted vehicle has a limited to obstructed view directly in front of the vehicle.
    4) The vehicle becomes unstable at certain speeds due to more air traveling under the vehicle than over the vehicle.
    Please remember that the Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office does not create the laws the State Legislature does. This law went into effect on 8/1/2022.
    Please Drive Safely and be Courteous to other drivers.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    They should come with a $50,000 fine, for looking absolutely ridiculous!!! I mean when we were in high school we drove low riders, but that actually was fun and cool back in the late 90’s. This squat crap is so ugly…. Make stronger punishments for these morons lol…
    I remember growing up in the 90s and loved the low riders and sound systems. I also remember listening to the old people complain about how ugly and dumb low riders were and that it should be illegal for a vehicle to be that low and loud.

I don't care for the Carolina squat but I won't stop anyone from doing it. Kids will always do things differently from the previous generation.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I remember growing up in the 90s and loved the low riders and sound systems. I also remember listening to the old people complain about how ugly and dumb low riders were and that it should be illegal for a vehicle to be that low and loud.

I don't care for the Carolina squat but I won't stop anyone from doing it. Kids will always do things differently from the previous generation.
    Lowering a vehicle isn't dangerous, can't say the same about the other. Also, it's not just something the younger generation does in that sense, it's always retards with low IQ. They also tend to have the clapped out exhaust that is annoyingly loud because it also sounds like ****. They do these things simply for attention, even if that means looking and sounding like a douche nozzle to get it.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Lowering a vehicle isn't dangerous, can't say the same about the other. Also, it's not just something the younger generation does in that sense, it's always retards with low IQ. They also tend to have the clapped out exhaust that is annoyingly loud because it also sounds like ****. They do these things simply for attention, even if that means looking and sounding like a douche nozzle to get it.

I don't have any friends in my age bracket driving a Carolina squatted truck. All of us agree it's dumb.. All of us also agreed that when we were younger we did some dumb things... To get attention, to aggravate the older crowd and we were a bit reckless at times....part of being young.

The mini tucking scene wasn't full of geniuses btw. I'll agree that a low rider isn't dangerous but a low rider with hydraulics... Hmmm... Riding three wheel motion or bouncing the front off the ground while driving isn't the safest thing I've seen.

Here where I live I met a younger guy that had his truck squatted. Very well spoken and mild mannered. Seemed very mechanically inclined. His truck, for what it was, was nicely done. Nice rims, chromed underbody parts, nice exhaust, custom interior, and a sweet sound system.

I don't need the government to tell me how dark to tint.... I mean, I meant to say how low or high I should have my vehicle.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Just wait till one or more of these "squatted" vehicles are involved in major accidents especially with injured parties a good lawyer will take the "squarters" to the cleaners and maybe some jail time for being a "aggravated dumb asses".... ........... drill sgt.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don't have any friends in my age bracket driving a Carolina squatted truck. All of us agree it's dumb.. All of us also agreed that when we were younger we did some dumb things... To get attention, to aggravate the older crowd and we were a bit reckless at times....part of being young.

The mini tucking scene wasn't full of geniuses btw. I'll agree that a low rider isn't dangerous but a low rider with hydraulics... Hmmm... Riding three wheel motion or bouncing the front off the ground while driving isn't the safest thing I've seen.

Here where I live I met a younger guy that had his truck squatted. Very well spoken and mild mannered. Seemed very mechanically inclined. His truck, for what it was, was nicely done. Nice rims, chromed underbody parts, nice exhaust, custom interior, and a sweet sound system.

I don't need the government to tell me how dark to tint.... I mean, I meant to say how low or high I should have my vehicle.
    Don't get me wrong, I am with you on that last part, as long as the vehicle in question is not actually hindering other people's driving. I'm still going to bitch about it just because it's really, really dumb. I don't care how well spoken or mechanically inclined someone is, if they choose to go out of their way to make their truck look like it's taking a ****, they are retarded, end of story.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I had a squat truck before squat trucks were a thing. '89 Suburban wasn't "squatted" but spent way too much time pulling an airstream or something else that wore the rear suspension TF out! Going to K-Mart or Hooters in Belle Chasse meant scraping bottom going over the railroad tracks. It wasn't cool then and it isn't cool now. I also had a '68 Deville that showed a whole lot more of it's front tire than it did it's rear tire bone stock, not modified. The law as written doesn't take account for that or for a '49 Nash that showed a lot more rear tire than it did it's front tire.
    1968-Cadillac-Coupe-DeVille-side.jpg
    1949-1951-nash-airflyte-1.jpg

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Should also be addressed in my opinion---vehicles that have hubcaps that stick out 15" to 18" on both sides of the car
    and vehicles that have no fenders or ones that have tires that stick out about a foot outside of the fenders---
    I’m glad you mentioned the rims lol. My wife is terrified of the spoke rims that have little blades on the end. It’s actually extremely dangerous because they could hit other vehicles or pedestrians and it would turn into a mad max movie lol. Tires sticking out too far can throw rocks and damage windows or people. Here in Lake Charles they give tickets to anyone who has tires sticking out far enough for a flashlight to sit on them. It’s understandable. Don’t get me wrong though, I love modding vehicles as much as the next guy. People need to have common sense though. I drive a 4 wheel drive, but I don’t have a 10 inch left on it either. It looks cool, but it’s very dangerous and expensive to fix…

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA

A lot of times, these idiots are loading the bed with weight to squat the truck. They will then wrap a chain around the axle and frame before unloading the bed. Very unsafe. As for the tint, I don't really care about the rear window but, the sides and ESPECIALLY the windshield tints are getting ridiculous. Every time I stop a driver with a murdered out windshield, it is ALWAYS, "I just bought the car like this"... **** gets old. I hate writing tickets, least fun part of the job but, for these special children, it makes my day. 90% of the time they do not have a brake tag or it is fake...icing on the cake to me.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    As for the tint, I don't really care about the rear window but, the sides and ESPECIALLY the windshield tints are getting ridiculous. Every time I stop a driver with a murdered out windshield, it is ALWAYS, "I just bought the car like this"... **** gets old. I hate writing tickets, least fun part of the job but, for these special children, it makes my day. 90% of the time they do not have a brake tag or it is fake...icing on the cake to me.
    It really grinds my gears when I see vehicles with completely dark windshield. That’s so stupid. And dangerous. Unless it is for a valid security purpose, or you are someone who is allergic to sunlight (is that even a thing?), there is no good reason to have limo tint on the freaking WINDSHIELD. I notice it’s a lot of Nissans…

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    A lot of times, these idiots are loading the bed with weight to squat the truck. They will then wrap a chain around the axle and frame before unloading the bed. Very unsafe. As for the tint, I don't really care about the rear window but, the sides and ESPECIALLY the windshield tints are getting ridiculous. Every time I stop a driver with a murdered out windshield, it is ALWAYS, "I just bought the car like this"... **** gets old. I hate writing tickets, least fun part of the job but, for these special children, it makes my day. 90% of the time they do not have a brake tag or it is fake...icing on the cake to me.
    Ha so you are one of those guys…. Roflol. I’m ex law enforcement and my son works for the sheriffs office and we both just laughed at this one… I agree it’s dangerous with the tint, but nobody agrees with tint nazis when the same person pulling you over has the same dark tint or darker lol… Double standards aren’t fun…

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    It really grinds my gears when I see vehicles with completely dark windshield. That’s so stupid. And dangerous. Unless it is for a valid security purpose, or you are someone who is allergic to sunlight (is that even a thing?), there is no good reason to have limo tint on the freaking WINDSHIELD. I notice it’s a lot of Nissans…
    1st, it's likely not as dark as it looks. If all the other windows are tinted, a light tint on the windshield will also appear dark because of so little light getting inside of the vehicle but does not hinder vision looking out of it.

2nd, I can't come to understand why people are so bothered about not being able to see into someone else's vehicle.

Top Bottom