Practice @ Precision on Monday Night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    For all of us that suck :puke: this past weekend at the 2009 Gator.:wtc: Monday night starts a new year to start preparing for the 2010 match. Come on out and lets get started together.

Beauxdog :rockon:

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    If I didn't have to work I'd be there at least to watch and get to meet some of you. I've been wanting to join a shooting association but 1) don't have tons of money to buy the fancy pistols so would have to stick with the ones I have, and 2) not sure which one to join and dont want to look like too big of a dumba$$ by asking what I'm sure many of you would consider completely stupid questions

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If I didn't have to work I'd be there at least to watch and get to meet some of you. I've been wanting to join a shooting association but 1) don't have tons of money to buy the fancy pistols so would have to stick with the ones I have, and 2) not sure which one to join and dont want to look like too big of a dumba$$ by asking what I'm sure many of you would consider completely stupid questions

Just go to precision Monday night with your guns, gear and ammo. The shooters there will help you get started.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

You don't need any fancy gear. Bring a gun that you have a holster for, some mags, some ammo and learn the ropes. The only stupid questions are the ones that remain unasked.

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    appreciate it, what time are ya'll normally there till? I get off at 8:30 monday and I'm like 10 minutes away from precision

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA

Most people who shoot guns are pretty cool people. They don't mind answering questions and they are not usually gun snobs. (If they are they are probably dicks in everyday life and should be avoided anyway) Show up with what you got and they will point you in the right direction. I showed up to my first 3 gun match the other day didn't even have my rifle sighted in. Everyone was patient with my questions and with me in general. As long as your safe you will have no problems. If you don't know something just ask and they will let you know. Cool people awesome experience next is a competitive pistol match which I know nothing about and probably will look like an idiot doing but I know I will have fun and meet some cool people.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I went once to Baker. I never had done anything like that before. I had a holster but no mag pouch. The guys showed me what I needed to do and also loaned me a mag pouch.

FD807

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Geismar La.
    My first Monday was last Monday and those guys helped me out alot really good bunch of people come on out they wont make you feel stupid and its a blast..:D

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    DCanova... Geismar? didnt think anyone admitted that, j/k, used to be in the Geismar V.F.D a few years back, I live on 74 by Z's

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    I'm going to go Monday when I get off of work, so it'll be later than the start time, but at least I'll be able to show up and meet some people and see what its all about

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Folks, Come out when you can and join in the fun. We start ~6 pm and this is the place to learn. We want to teach you the right way and hope to make it enjoyable enough that you continue. We shoot matches all month long at 3 ranges and it's a good group of people. Our goal is to help people improve their firearm handling skills and to have fun at the same time.

Beauxdog :cool:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I'm wipped too but someone go to do it.:eek3: Just like EAPS, it ain't gonna set-up it self. I'll make it, just hope the wife don't blow a gasket. If she does ED, I'll bring her to your shop for repairs.:D

Beauxdog :cool:

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    Hey guys just wanted to say thanks again for an awesome night in shooting, I know I suck, which IMO is better than thinking I know everything, I look forward to shooting with all of you again and receiving any suggestions or criticisms that you might have that can make me better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom