Prairie Dogs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jebsr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    Winnsboro, La
    Do we have any [-dog hunters/shooters on the site? Where do you go to shoot/hunt them? What guns do you shoot? in what caliber? I shoot 223's and 204's. Also am building a 22BR on a Rem 700 action.

Does anyone have any favorite loads for these calibers?

We shoot around Lubbock, Tx. Last year two of my sons and myself shot between 250 and 300 rounds EACH, daily for 2 days. It was a real blast. The most fun I've had with a gun.

Let's hear about your guns/experiences.

jebsr

jebsr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    Winnsboro, La
    I guess you could say they are small dry land nutria, they are a real pest to the land owner, except people pay to shoot them.

most of our shooting was from 100 to 275 yard, there would be some shots around 300 to 350 and a few + or - 400yds.

If you get a chance to go don't miss it. It's unbelievable when a shot gets you a "red mist", or when one goes flipping end over end up in the air 2 or 3 feet.

The 204 is my favorite caliber, the trajectory is so flat plus the velocity gives such an impact. I have shot mine out to 500 yards and it holds up well. I have hit a prairie dog silhouette 1 out of 3 shots at 500 yards (good for me).

jebsr

Top Bottom