Prairieville Flea Market?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    we're kicking around the idea of setting up on Saturday later this month and selling ammo cans and military surplus. Some years back we did military surplus and I still have truckloads of shirts, Alice packs, shelter halves, older chem suits and odds and ends that I can't make any money off of at a gun show. I have lots of ammo cans still available, probably over 500 assorted from 50 cal on up.

So my question is has anyone been out there lately and seen what is being sold? Rent is dirt cheap compared to a gun show and I would be selling most of the shirts and insulated underwear and clothing for just a few bucks each. I would expect to bring close to 100 ammo cans.

Fill me in if you have info on the place, crowds, other dealers, etc...

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-694-3376

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Haven't been there in years.
    Actually didn't even know it was still open.
    Used to be extremely crowded as I recall.
    I'd say go for it- one weekend there won't break the bank and you can see for yourself how your items sell.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    A couple knife guys. Every now and then a guy or two with old military camo.
    Nothing else really in your field.
    Should do good with it all.
    It's pretty busy place every weekend. Especially if it's cooler out.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I was there this past weekend. Nothing like that is out there. I suspect you might do very well. Let us know if youre going to make it out there Id like to swing by and see what you got.

How much would you be asking for your ammo cans?

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    I hope you speak Spanish. I live about a mile away and have been recently. It's not my kind of crowd. Your items will sell though

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Yep, I noticed the no guns allowed on the website. I suspect the camp clothing I'm selling cheap will go to workers and such. All of it is in good condition with no tears. Should have done this in the fall. Ammo cans are the bread and butter of the sales. 50 cal for $15, Saw for $20 and I have 40mm, 81MM and a few other odds and ends from $10 to $20. I have some brown mortar cans that aren't water tight and are about the size of a suitcase that are just taking up room in storage, so they will be put on special price.

As far as clothing goes, I have mostly camo shirts in med, large and some XL. 3 color desert and woodland. I have a bunch of coats, but not the right time of year for that. Insulated underwear as well. I'm looking to blow out the shirts at $4 each or 3 for $10 and I know I have close to 100 of these, maybe more. Other items I need to dig up will be Alice backpacks, compression bags and assorted things like that.

I have a shotgun house full of this stuff. I'm not exaggerating.

Tentative date is April 27th.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    You'll likely get quite a few visitors just from this forum, I'm pretty sure my brother in law wants a few more ammo cans and some cheap insulated gear for next hunting season isn't a bad plan at all.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    We bought a lot of military surplus from places like Fort Polk and Keesler AFB. Standard BDU stuff. I had paintball people buy LBVs and shirts from me years back. We centered around our firearms sales after regrouping and taking a look at what was selling and how to streamline a gun show back in 2009, so here I am with a house full of stuff.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We bought a lot of military surplus from places like Fort Polk and Keesler AFB. Standard BDU stuff. I had paintball people buy LBVs and shirts from me years back. We centered around our firearms sales after regrouping and taking a look at what was selling and how to streamline a gun show back in 2009, so here I am with a house full of stuff.

So they are standard BDU tops? Woodland Camo? Any sizes?

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    I have medium-regular and medium-long in woodland. I have Large-regular in the 3 color and I have a few odd sizes like Medium-extra long. I also have all green shirts in Medium and possibly some Large.

I have not pulled out all the bags and boxes of stuff I have stored away. I know I have some smalls somewhere and when it comes to field jackets, I have medium and large in those as well. I have the cotton heavy jackets and the thinner ones like the gore-tex, but these may not be the gore-tex insulated ones.

Other oddities, Wool scarves, balaclavas, sleep shirts (long sleeved) sleeping bags (older mummy type). Heck, I even have some boots. Lots of old Chem suits, the green ones with charcoal lined in them. Shelter halves and poles to go with them too. I took a few pictures of tags to I would remember sizes. Let me upload them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have medium-regular and medium-long in woodland. I have Large-regular in the 3 color and I have a few odd sizes like Medium-extra long. I also have all green shirts in Medium and possibly some Large.

I have not pulled out all the bags and boxes of stuff I have stored away. I know I have some smalls somewhere and when it comes to field jackets, I have medium and large in those as well. I have the cotton heavy jackets and the thinner ones like the gore-tex, but these may not be the gore-tex insulated ones.

Other oddities, Wool scarves, balaclavas, sleep shirts (long sleeved) sleeping bags (older mummy type). Heck, I even have some boots. Lots of old Chem suits, the green ones with charcoal lined in them. Shelter halves and poles to go with them too. I took a few pictures of tags to I would remember sizes. Let me upload them.

If you do decide to go, let me know! I live nearby, and will come see what you have.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    We are all loaded up and heading there Saturday morning. I have about 60-80 ammo cans of assorted sizes and lots of shirts and a few Alice Packs people requested. I'll be there until noon to 12:30. I have another function to attend in the afternoon. We will be accepting credit cards for those monetarily challenged.

Spread the word and hope to see you there!

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns

Top Bottom