Price check on Tula AK47 Parts kit.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    As the title says, does anyone know the current price on a Tula parts kit. Not the Krink, the regular AK47. I have looked on gunbroker, Apex, AK files and a few other sites. The prices I did find have them going for $500. I just wanted to see if it would be worth my time to build it.

Thanks,
    G19

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I had a couple of those kits and built my Khyber with one. They don't have much collector value, but make for a damn nice rifle.

I'd say the value is probably about the same as when Apex had em, $300ish plus the barrel.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Also, assuming all the numbers match except for the trunnion, there's a database of these kits over at theakforum.net. You never know, you might get lucky and find the correct trunnion for your kit. So far I've seen one match...unfortunately it was for MY kit and was posted about two weeks after my rifle was built. :curse:

G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    So what I'm hearing is that the kit plus barrel is about $450? Still have to buy a reviver and the build cost. Looking at an $800 investment to have it built.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yep. And that's not bad considering the current prices of AKs. For the sake of comparison, you'd spend about $150 less to build a Romy G. Or you could buy an Arsenal SGL-21 for the same price. Neither would be nearly as purty!

G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    I have a Romy G, that was built about a year ago and just picked up the SGL21-94 (the side folding stock is starting to grow on me) and this was going to be something to just mess around with. I looks like I'll just be putting it in the sale section to fund something else.

Top Bottom