SOLD: PRICE DROP: Custom Colt 1911 (Carniak Custom)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbuzha

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    New Orleans
    Have a 5" series 80 Government Model Colt MK IV 1911 for sale, customized by Carniak Custom (google them for examples of their work). No, I am not the original owner and do not know round count. The gun is in excellent condition as evidenced by pics. I do not know entirety of details of all the work done to this gun, but it at least has had the following upgrades done: what looks like an overall satin/brushed finish-very clean look, Ed brown memory groove extended beavertail, series 80 mag safety parts removed/replaced, ambi thumb safety (I assume Ed brown as all the other parts upgrades were), Ed Brown barrel bushing fitted, Ed Brown stainless grip screws, Wilson combat 8-round mags (x2), checkered front strap and checkered front of trigger guard, as pictured, and an extended magwell/mainspring housing. I've added the wood grips pictured on the gun which I would like to keep, so buyer can choose from one of the several other sets pictured. I bought the gun with a Carniak Custom zipper pouch which is included. The gun shoots great, very tight and very smooth. I imagine it has had an action job and obviously a great trigger job. I had assumed I would replace the ignition components with C&S parts as I usually do but that was completely unnecessary in this case. The actual trigger is an aftermarket aluminum skeletonized trigger with overtravel screw but I do not know the brand-looks like. Feel free to text/PM as always with any questions or if you would like to see additional pics (225-921-8669. I have no reason for selling other than I have too many 5" 1911's and looking to mix things up. Asking price is $1700

Thanks for looking,

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_6059.jpg
      IMG_6059.jpg
      75.1 KB · Views: 135
    • IMG_6065.jpg
      IMG_6065.jpg
      336.5 KB · Views: 129
    • IMG_6064.jpg
      IMG_6064.jpg
      418.2 KB · Views: 119
    • IMG_6063.jpg
      IMG_6063.jpg
      362.2 KB · Views: 123
    • IMG_6062.jpg
      IMG_6062.jpg
      321.9 KB · Views: 120
    • IMG_6061.jpg
      IMG_6061.jpg
      411.6 KB · Views: 113
    • IMG_6060.jpg
      IMG_6060.jpg
      778 KB · Views: 123
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom