Price on the Ruger LCP lately?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    Has anyone happened to come across a Ruger LCP for sale at Academy or any local gun stores? I am thinking of getting one and would like to know the current price on these. I know a few months back they were $299-$315 and I am almost positive that if I looked around hard enough I could probably find a used one with accessories for that, but I am curious what I could get one for brand new out of the box. Maybe this warrants a trip to Academy and a few gun stores after work today.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Gun show 2 weeks ago in Bossier had 2 listed for $400. Bud's and Gunbroker have them listed for ridiculously high prices. Sorry, but I won't pay $100 premium or dealer incentive for a $300 pistol.

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    Gun show 2 weeks ago in Bossier had 2 listed for $400. Bud's and Gunbroker have them listed for ridiculously high prices. Sorry, but I won't pay $100 premium or dealer incentive for a $300 pistol.

You and me both. Count me out for 400. At that price we are getting into Kahr Pm9 territory. Honestly, I'd buy a PM9 if it wasn't already as large as my S&W 340. I am looking for something smaller to fit in tighter fitting jeans back pocket like a wallet would. Seems the LCP is perfect for this with the proper holster.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    One thing to consider is the extreme difficulty in finding .380 ammo, which isn't gonna change any time soon. You can find the high dollar defensive stuff pretty easily, but not any plinking ammo that is necessary IMO to break it in and learn to handle the little beast. I can tell you personally it took 200-300 rounds for me to really get proficient with the LCP, and another 200 or so before I trusted its reliability enough to carry.

You can find one for around $330-340 all day long on GB. I think Academy sells for $300 but you have to be there within 5 minutes of them getting any, before they sell out. The real question is...how much time and gas money are you really willing to spend to save a few bucks?

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    One thing to consider is the extreme difficulty in finding .380 ammo, which isn't gonna change any time soon. You can find the high dollar defensive stuff pretty easily, but not any plinking ammo that is necessary IMO to break it in and learn to handle the little beast. I can tell you personally it took 200-300 rounds for me to really get proficient with the LCP, and another 200 or so before I trusted its reliability enough to carry.

You can find one for around $330-340 all day long on GB. I think Academy sells for $300 but you have to be there within 5 minutes of them getting any, before they sell out. The real question is...how much time and gas money are you really willing to spend to save a few bucks?

Well, the plinking ammo part isn't a huge concern of mine. Of course, if it requires some breaking in to become reliable, then I will have to do that before I am willing to carry and then the ammo might be a concern, but I was hoping to be able to just buy some high dollar ammo and throw it in my pocket. I have plinking guns that are less punishing and much more fun to shoot so the goal here is not to buy a pistol I will want to shoot at the range :) My honest hope was to never have to buy more than 100-200 rounds of .380 ever.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I got mine for 329 several months ago at Academy. A friend of mine here in BTR had to go to New Orleans to find one within the past few weeks. She paid 330

12guns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Are you willing to drive to Jeff Davis Parish to get one? I have one NIB, but good luck finding one for $315. They're too hard to get to let it go for that.

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    Trent2, thank you. I actually was able to locate one at Slidell Arms, who is a sponsor on this site. I am very pleased with the service I received at Slidell Arms and would recommend them to anyone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom