primary arms??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    alright, so my pistol/sbr build is coming along pretty good.
    I need to get a decent optic on here though.
    I am running a set of YHM metal flip ups now and thats it.
    I ran across a site under the name of primary arms.
    I was browsing and found their red dot setup and magnifier with mount etc. also found several other things I would like to order from them.
    The one option I did look at on there was the Vortex Strikefire with a cant mount plus the primary arms magnifier and quick detach mount.
    does anyon have any dealings with this site, their products or the setup I have mentioned above?
    Thanks.
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_s/586.htm

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    PA is GTG. I have no personal experience with their brand of optics, but have heard nothing but good things about them as far as the product for $ spent. Their service I do have experience with, and it is great.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Save your money and buy something from Aimpoint or Eotech.

JR1572

Primary Arms sells both.

Great company and service.
    Their private label gear is as good or better than any of the other Chinese optics out there.
    For the money it's hard to beat.
    Pricing on name brand optics is competitive.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thank you everyone.
    I'm watching the classified for a nice used eotech or aim point. The funds just aren't there right now for the top dollar stuff. I wish it were. In the summer it is much easier than during the semester for me.
    That is why I inquired about the primary arms. I love my vortex pst ffp rifle scope but I am hesitant with that strikefire.
    I may just run my irons until I can save up unless a testimony comes forward on the primary in house optics.
    Thanks for all of your opinions and any more is welcomed!

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    PA is gtg...I have the vortex sparc on my mp-15-22...decent optic for the price point. Curious of their in house red dots...read alot of good things. I would be willing to bet their customer service is very good pertaining to their red dots...

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Primary Arms sells both.

Their private label gear is as good or better than any of the other Chinese optics out there.

This! Whether you go knock off or aimpoint / eotech / whatever else, primary arms is great to deal with. Ups ground is usually at my door next business day after my order is placed. Customer service is excellent also.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Primary Arms sells both.

Ok, I didn't know they sold both real optics and clone optics. Either way, I would stay away from any discount clone type optic.

JR1572

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Ok, I didn't know they sold both real optics and clone optics. Either way, I would stay away from any discount clone type optic.

JR1572

I had one of their scopes for a 15/22. Good little scope for the price. The eye relief could have been a bit better, but was good for the price point. As for putting it on any type of quality firearm, no way would I. Eotech or Aimpoint only for me in that respect.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Ok thanks guys. Yea this is for an AR in 5.56. This is my only AR and also will be my training rifle. It will be use to hunt. Very little and will serve its intended purpose of defense if ever need be.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    A couple months ago, I asked about inexpensive optics.

The overwhelming majority response was the vortex from Primary Arms.

So I ordered one of their micro dot sights and slapped it on a ruger 10/22 take down.

That little optic has so far taken everything I could throw at, or drop on it (accidentally of course) and is still going strong.

To quote one of the replies from my thread, "vortex is the best of all the cheap optics."

Keep in mind it's not as cheap as the cheapest stuff, but it is the cheapest optic I'd put on one of my rifles. It's a little too much $$$ to be considered what I'd call "disposable", but it isn't going to break the bank and it'll last a while.

<<There is a better than average chance this post contains sarcasm>>

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Ok thanks guys. Yea this is for an AR in 5.56. This is my only AR and also will be my training rifle. It will be use to hunt. Very little and will serve its intended purpose of defense if ever need be.

Skip the Vortex and PA optics. They are great budget optics for .22s and such, but that's all. Save up pr reprioritize funds for a good optic. I'd rather a basic no frills gun with a good optic than a pimped out rifle with a budget optic any day.

Like others have said Primary Arms is a good vendor though.

When the time comes if you don't find one used give Sport Optics in Hammond a call, they rule and have unbeatable prices.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    My suggestion for good priced optics, if you don't go with PA, is Sport Optics in hammond. They are about the cheapest I have found anywhere when it comes to Eotech or Aimpoint. Sportoptics.com

Another site I would reccomend is gandrtactical.com. I bought an aimpoint combo from them at a great price and the owner is a good guy.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Keep an eye out on Slickguns. There have been a few good deals out lately on some Aimpoint and Eotech. I just ordered an Eotech 512 for $380 shipped and I have been seeing Aimpoint Patrol optics going for around the same price.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Awesome thanks guys!! Oh Jay already knows I will come see him if I would have went vortex or when I go aimpoint. I really like the patrol.
    I was just curious as to the vortex package they had an that's why I asked about it.
    I'm looking out here, on AR-15, and slick guns. I'm gonna ride out to sport optics later this week I hope.
    I really like the vortex pst ffp 4-16x50 on my 700 but I checked out the strikefire at cabelas just now.... It has little to be desired in my opinion.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Awesome thanks guys!! Oh Jay already knows I will come see him if I would have went vortex or when I go aimpoint. I really like the patrol.
    I was just curious as to the vortex package they had an that's why I asked about it.
    I'm looking out here, on AR-15, and slick guns. I'm gonna ride out to sport optics later this week I hope.
    I really like the vortex pst ffp 4-16x50 on my 700 but I checked out the strikefire at cabelas just now.... It has little to be desired in my opinion.

Sportoptics.com Save yourself the ride and order online. Unless you are wanting to fondle some stuff to figure out what you want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MrPantz
    Top Bottom