Primers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Most places sell out as fast as they get them. Cabela's got several cases here on Friday. Gone by Saturday morning. I would suggest checking around and getting on a waiting list. or check and order online. Might take a few weeks, though.

One other thing, you can go bid on gunbroker.com for them, but be prpared to pay outrageous amounts. I some which are normally $30/1000 selling for $74/1000.

Last edited:

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I have a bulk order with Graf's for primers and powder. People like Cabelas are only showing 1-3 week backorder on most everything, but I couldn't stomach the price and tax. In order to buy it online you need to make a significant enough order the 22.50 hazmat fee doesn't kill your overall price.

I felt comfortable with 20,000 primers and 16lb of powder. This isn't a lot for most people but will last me a while. It was enought that the 22.50 didn't reallu seem like much compared with the price of the items.

There might be somewhere else you find a better price, but for what I got I couldn't find much better than the pricing I got.

Hope this helps.

SpartanSoul

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Most places sell out as fast as they get them. Cabela's got several cases here on Friday. Gone by Saturday morning. I would suggest checking around and getting on a waiting list. or check and order online. Might take a few weeks, though.

One other thing, you can go bid on gunbroker.com for them, but be prpared to pay outrageous amounts. I some which are normally $30/1000 selling for $74/1000.

Cabela's still had some Remington small rifle left this morning. $33.99/1000

They said they had sold around 100,000 in 2 days.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Spartan, the ones left are 6 1/2 Remingtons, will not work in .223 semiautos, in fact warning on the side of the box, all semi .223's need 7 1/2, Cabelas is now out, also Cabelas will not refund once you walk out of the front door on primers, ammo, etc

SpartanSoul

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Spartan, the ones left are 6 1/2 Remingtons, will not work in .223 semiautos, in fact warning on the side of the box, all semi .223's need 7 1/2, Cabelas is now out, also Cabelas will not refund once you walk out of the front door on primers, ammo, etc

Oops good catch, I was walking by and didn't notice they were 6 1/2, I was just shocked they had anything except the .50 BMG primers they've had forever.

Sorry if I caused anyone false hope, I'll check closer next time.

Top Bottom