Pro 2nd Amendment Bills Pending in Congress

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Steve Scalise is a cosponsor of each bill below. His bill is # 3 on the NRA’s list of priorities.

1. National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act – H.R. 822, introduced by Representatives Cliff Stearns (R-FL) and Heath Shuler (D-NC) would allow any person with a valid concealed carry permit to carry a concealed firearm in any state that issues concealed firearm permits, or that does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms. For more information on this bill, please click on the following fact sheet link, www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=189&issue=003

2. BATFE Reform and Firearms Modernization Act – H.R. 1093, introduced by Representatives Steve King (R-IA) and Jason Altmire (D-PA) would roll back unnecessary restrictions, correct errors and codify longstanding congressional policies in the firearms arena. For more information on this bill, please click on the following fact sheet link, http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=271&issue=28

3. Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act – H.R. 58, introduced by Representatives Steve Scalise (R-LA) and Dan Boren (D-OK) would remove several antiquated and unnecessary restrictions imposed on interstate firearms business since 1968. For more information on this bill, please click on the following fact sheet link, www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=249&issue=28

4. Second Amendment Enforcement Act – H.R. 645, introduced by Representatives Mike Ross (D-AR) and Jim Jordan (R-OH) would eliminate harsh gun control laws imposed by the District of Columbia after the Supreme Court’s decision in D.C. v Heller (2008). For more information on this bill, please click on the following fact sheet link, www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=262&issue=010

5. Veterans’ Heritage Firearms Act – H.R. 420, introduced by Representatives Dennis Rehberg (R-MT) and Leonard Boswell (D-IA) would provide a 90-day amnesty period during which veterans and their family members could register firearms acquired overseas between June 26, 1934 and October 31, 1968, without fear of prosecution. For more information on this bill, please click on the following fact sheet link, www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=198&issue=023

6. Collectable Firearms Protection Act – H.R. 615, introduced by Representatives Cynthia Lummis (R-WY) and Joe Donnelly (D-IN) would prevent the State Department from interfering with the legal importation of surplus collectable firearms from South Korea that were originally made in the United States. For more information on this bill, please click the following fact sheet link, http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=272&issue=019

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Anything typically goes on gun bills, but if they don't pass #6, I will be most surprised and infuriated.

Gangstas don't gun with Garands!

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Don't get your hopes up boys, remember the Democrats still hold the Senate and the Oval Office. Can't make a bill a law without getting through those two (other than veto override which won't happen either)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Guys, this is a call to arms so to speak. These things ain't gonna pass themselves. WE ALL HAVE TO E-MAIL or CALL our Representatives and Senators to urge them to vote yes and encourage others to do likewise. Even the douchbags like Cedric Richmond.

I called Bill Cassidy's office on Thursday to ask why he wasn't a sponsor of the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011. I have'nt heard back yet, and he always responds to his voters. I will give him a few more days and he will then get calls on the hour every hour till he signs on.

But that's what it takes! They need to know you/we support their votes for this legislation. All of these bills are important to ALL OF US! You just may not think so cause you don't collect antique firerams or conceal carry, but it is.

Please do your part, and bump this thread everytime it dips until most of the members here have at least read the original post.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Don't get your hopes up boys, remember the Democrats still hold the Senate and the Oval Office. Can't make a bill a law without getting through those two (other than veto override which won't happen either)

Wrong attitude! The Dems have alot of things they need to capitulate on to get what they want; and gun control ain't high on the list.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Wrong attitude! The Dems have alot of things they need to capitulate on to get what they want; and gun control ain't high on the list.

you may be able to get a FEW of the "moderate" dems like Landrieu but what about the hardliners on the committee it has to get out of before even coming to a floor vote, then actually getting enough of the democrats to vote to end debate to even pass, 13 is the number if ALL republican senators stay on board, followed by the relatively easy to obtain majority. Once it gets to Obama he will vetoe it. we will need TWENTY democrats to join us in the veto override, an impossibilty! sorry, I hate to burst peoples bubble, but we cannot win this battle. Now I do believe we should push for this just to get our elected officials on record so we kow who to support in 2012 for re-election. I just don't want to have people get their hopes up of it actually passing.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    you may be able to get a FEW of the "moderate" dems like Landrieu but what about the hardliners on the committee it has to get out of before even coming to a floor vote, then actually getting enough of the democrats to vote to end debate to even pass, 13 is the number if ALL republican senators stay on board, followed by the relatively easy to obtain majority. Once it gets to Obama he will vetoe it. we will need TWENTY democrats to join us in the veto override, an impossibilty! sorry, I hate to burst peoples bubble, but we cannot win this battle. Now I do believe we should push for this just to get our elected officials on record so we kow who to support in 2012 for re-election. I just don't want to have people get their hopes up of it actually passing.

"A coin can land heads or tails, but only if tossed!"
    --- Emperor

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    The Senate Majority leader is a pro gun democrat. We have more allies there than you think. Also, there are something in the neighborhood of 25 democratic senators who are up for re-election in 2012. With all of the problems that they had in 2010, do you think they are going to do something that loses them a bunch of votes? Finally, Obama will likely veto these bills unless they are attached to something he wants or he perceives an election advantage signing them into law. Pushing these bills is only to our advantage no matter how it ultimately turns out.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I really don't believe Obama is as anti-gun as everyone is making him out to be. Maybe his isn't pro-gun, but I don't believe he's anti.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I really don't believe Obama is as anti-gun as everyone is making him out to be. Maybe his isn't pro-gun, but I don't believe he's anti.

All Bolsheviks are anti-gun, except when using them themselves to take down teh capitalist pigs!

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington

Look at his voting record in the Illinois legislature and senate. he is completely anti-gun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom