Profiling 101

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not cop bashing, but I'm sure I saw some profiling tonight, on my way back home I was riding behind a guy in a jacked up car, 24os all the way around, dark tinted windows, this is around George o'neal, I didn't see him do anything wrong, but, the next light we stopped at a EBRSO K9 unit pulled up beside me, looked over and asked how I was doing tonight, then goes, " do you mind if I pull in front of you" sure, no problem I say, light turns green, we take off and then blue lights come on. I wonder if he is going to ask him how his night is doing, and see if the K9 hits on something

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    You were actually the target. Drug dealers are known to have inconspicuous cars follow them with the goods, just so they get pulled over and not the dope.:rofl:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    ".... which turns out they were stopping every single driver driving down that particular sidewalk, and that's PROFILING!!! And PROFILING is wrong!"

lt1rx798

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    preception is reality.

I can think of about 10 different (litterally) logical reasons why that could have happened. Profiling is most certainly one of them. I know all of the SO K9 guys and that is unlikely. I have had most of them assist with one of my cases, and just about all of them end up like what you described.

My point is..... Just because a cop uses his lights to pass through an intersection, doesn't mean the donuts are hot. On rare occasion, they are.

Things are always what they seem.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    ".... which turns out they were stopping every single driver driving down that particular sidewalk, and that's PROFILING!!! And PROFILING is wrong!"

NOPE.

Profiling is 100% right and legal and an invaluable law enforcement tool/

RACIAL PROFILING is illegal and by most opinons wrong.

What do you think the FBI uses to catch cereal killers? (;) for you Spanky):mamoru:

Profiling is simply taking into account certain behavoral trends to predict potentiality of crime. You still have to have a violation in the case of traffic or reasonable suspicion in the case of everything else to initiate an investigation.

When the primary or singilar factor is race, then it is illegal. Using certain vehicle types, location, time, direction of travel, is a very strong indicator for crimes like drug trafficking.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    NOPE.

Profiling is 100% right and legal and an invaluable law enforcement tool/

RACIAL PROFILING is illegal and by most opinons wrong.

What do you think the FBI uses to catch cereal killers? (;) for you Spanky):mamoru:

Profiling is simply taking into account certain behavoral trends to predict potentiality of crime. You still have to have a violation in the case of traffic or reasonable suspicion in the case of everything else to initiate an investigation.

When the primary or singilar factor is race, then it is illegal. Using certain vehicle types, location, time, direction of travel, is a very strong indicator for crimes like drug trafficking.

My apologies... I was quoting a comedian, but I can't remember his name. Always has a cigarette in his mouth and drinking whisky on stage.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Maybe he pulled him over for the dark tint.

+1

Expired plate, MVI sticker, tail light out, blinker out, etc, etc.

ABsolutely not. The OP did not see a violation, so clearly the cop is a racist. :rolleyes:

never mind the fact that the driver could have committed a violation the OP has no idea is a violation or did not see occur.

Or been a suspect vehicle in a previous robbery, rape, murder, or other crime.

Or been a known suspect with an active warrant.

Or been a known suspect wanted for questioning in another crime.

Or the obvious that the OP missed--illegal tint.

Or improper vehicle height.

Or.... any number of things.

You know when a thread starts off with "I AM NOT COP BASHING, BUT......"

It is going to be good:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This just serves as a prime example that alot of peole will always look for the worst in law enforcement even when they have zero information about what is going on. It's a common trend.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    When monster trucks 1st came on the scene someone made a law about "bumper height" to try to keep these monsters off the road. What did the builders do? Why moved the bumpers down of course! The trucks however were still jacked up just as high as ever! They had to re-write the law using a bit more thought this time. LOL

simplyorange

None Other Than.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Dutchtown
    if he was profiled, thats what he gets for driving a retired circus vehicle on public highways.

i hate those cars, i had one whip into my lane almost hitting me on a 4 lane highway to turn into the car wash, apparently his 26" rims would not clear the 16" fenders at 50% full lock.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'm not cop bashing, but I'm sure I saw some profiling tonight, on my way back home I was riding behind a guy in a jacked up car, 24os all the way around, dark tinted windows, this is around George o'neal, I didn't see him do anything wrong, but, the next light we stopped at a EBRSO K9 unit pulled up beside me, looked over and asked how I was doing tonight, then goes, " do you mind if I pull in front of you" sure, no problem I say, light turns green, we take off and then blue lights come on. I wonder if he is going to ask him how his night is doing, and see if the K9 hits on something

It looks like you have been drinking the recent flavor of BS kool-aid.

JR1572

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I think I worded my post wrong, I'm not bashing what he did, or cops, I had already profiled him myself, what I thought was cool was he asked how I was doing and then asked if he could get in front of me, not a big deal, he could have cut me off, nosed in with his front end, lights and siren, but he didn't

Top Bottom