Prosecute Wikileaks!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I'm just gonna leave this right here....
    v97KJ.png

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    So James, what of those 4,430 Military Servicemen and Women? Just participating in a lie right?

And the hundreds of thousands that STILL VOLUNTEER and CONTINUE to go overseas and die for their country. It's all just a big lie huh?

James, you know **** about what happens overseas.

Hell if you believe everything you read on the net you'd also believed that we killed over 6,000 civilians in Fallujah.

******** like your posting here only slaps Veterans in the face. To say that were over there b/c of Bush's politics is complete BS, I've seen it with my OWN eyes, and done it with my OWN hands.

I don't expect you to understand this mentality though. After all, you can't.

Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    I'm ambivalent about the fate of Bradley Manning, but I doubt it matters much in the larger scheme of things. As for Wikileaks, I don't know how you could prosecute them, since their organization isn't based in the U.S., and neither is Julian Assange. I agree that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were misguided, but one huge difference between now and the Viet Nam era is that very few people disrespect men and women who've served in those conflicts. I vividly remember the days when returning Viet Nam vets were commonly heckled and spit on. With the possible exception of the Westboro Baptists and a few others, that sort of thing isn't very common today.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Yea, you don't hear about anyone going John Rambo these days.

Regarding Bradley Manning - I dunno. I think his treatment has been outrageous and it seems to be rooted in motivation by vengeance more than anything.

If we are ever to shed this war machine government I absolutely abhor, I'm curious to know how to do it without a few Bradley Mannings helping out now and then.

Forgive me if I do not take well to being told " CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" by some cocksure arrogant ******* who thinks he's some Jack Nicholson character. It was my thinking that the government acted on behalf of the citizens, not the other way around.

Bush II -did- lie to us. There's no doubt or even mystery to that. Do I know what goes on in the Middle East to the extent of soldiers and military elite? Maybe not, but that alone is the problem. The military shouldn't be treating the average American like mushrooms; feeding us (bull)**** and keeping us in the dark.

The government has no accountability and when someone introduces a little light to their actions, they act predictably.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yes, and he made the gas prices higher- and apparently is still wielding his diabolical power, from the looks of things!!! EEEEIIIYAHH!:run::run::run:

As for Bradley Manning, he's a disgrace to the uniform- and to the countless other troops who watch our backs 24/7, 365. He should count his lucky stars that he was born in the late 20th century instead of the earlier. Had he done this in the era of WW2, he would have likely been executed for aiding the enemy.

I'll leave this right here.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    James,

You need to sepreate your political beliefs from the reality of the duty of a soldier to his country. While you may beleive that he acted morally, courageously or otherwise; his incarceration springs not from that but from the very clear, unequivocal breach of duty he committed. For that, he will be prosecuted. As much as you may believe he is being persecuted, that springs from the moral question. The prosecution flows from his clear violation of orders.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    At some point in a man's life he has to decide whether "just following orders" blindly is acceptable against how a man should act. I guess he decided that things were so bad that a divergence was necessary.

I don't claim he shouldn't go through his due process for the crimes he committed, though. Just pointing out an irony to maybe put things in an interesting context. :)

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    At some point in a man's life he has to decide whether "just following orders" blindly is acceptable against how a man should act. I guess he decided that things were so bad that a divergence was necessary.

I don't claim he shouldn't go through his due process for the crimes he committed, though. Just pointing out an irony to maybe put things in an interesting context. :)

Situational ethics is a slippery slope that causes most men to fall on their ass.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Sorry Pacioli, but based on your logic we should have never had the Nuremberg trials. After all, they were just following orders. Right? It wasn't their fault.

When you sign on the dotted line to serve you take an oath to protect the United States of America from all enemies foreign AND domestic. Maybe he felt that he was fulfilling that oath by doing what he did, and if a trail by his peers proves that to be the case then he is a hero. Of course, he could also be found a trader. Either way, he deserves his day in court, just like you or anybody else.

As for the war(s), one doesn't have to support the occupation to support the troops. That is called blind patriotism and is a contributing factor to the dumbing down of our country. A true patriot will not blindly support a military occupation just because they are told that they are supposed to. How twisted things have become when being critical of your government makes people label you as Un-American? That is what every citizen is SUPPOSED TO DO. That is your duty, and maybe if we would have all lived up to that responsibility we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Fortunately, there's a long history of civil disobedience in this country, going all the way back to Henry David Thoreau and beyond. Disobedience in the military is obviously a bit more complicated. (And I think you're only labeled un-American if you criticize Republicans and conservatives.) ;)

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry Pacioli, but based on your logic we should have never had the Nuremberg trials. After all, they were just following orders. Right? It wasn't their fault.

When you sign on the dotted line to serve you take an oath to protect the United States of America from all enemies foreign AND domestic. Maybe he felt that he was fulfilling that oath by doing what he did, and if a trail by his peers proves that to be the case then he is a hero. Of course, he could also be found a trader. Either way, he deserves his day in court, just like you or anybody else.

As for the war(s), one doesn't have to support the occupation to support the troops. That is called blind patriotism and is a contributing factor to the dumbing down of our country. A true patriot will not blindly support a military occupation just because they are told that they are supposed to. How twisted things have become when being critical of your government makes people label you as Un-American? That is what every citizen is SUPPOSED TO DO. That is your duty, and maybe if we would have all lived up to that responsibility we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

You've opened up some new points that I don't feel a desire to address other than to point our I didn't bring up any of that.

When you put on the uniform, you are bound to follow orders. I don't accept your attempt to jump the shark by bringing in Nuremburg as a corralary. It just doesn't wash.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If this kid wanted to be a full-time activist, he shouldn't have joined the military in the first place. We are not a world power because our military is overrun with anarchists.

And please- mentioning The Nuremberg Trials? Really?
    disgust.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom