Protection for criminals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armorkav

armorkav
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hattiesburg ms
    did they or did they not pay their debt to society? why should they be prevented from EVER having a decent life because they screwed up once? I am Not a san fran liberal By a damn sight! but Dammit they did their time. Give them a chance. What is so wrong with this. Times are tough as it is. Why is it ok to marginalize people based upon past errors. I know the Bible says something about forgiveness, I've read it.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    The difference is they're are trying to treat a criminal as if they didn't have a choice in being a criminal. Blacks don't have a choice but to be black, Hispanics don't have a choice but to be Hispanics, females don't have a choice but to be female; those are categories that should be protected.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Why should a company have to go through the effort of the interview and selection process only to learn at the end that they have been wasting their time and money in consideration of someone they would otherwise not have considered for good reason? If I run a retail business, should I really have to schedule interviews, conduct credit checks, call references, and all of that just to find out afterward that the potential candidate is a multi-offense thief? That's straight up bullsh!t.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    So an individual applying for a job in the department of corrections, wouldnt have to say that they are a felon, and the "employer" couldnt check? Sounds pretty insane to me.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    **** them. If you're a felon, it's because you made a choice to violate someone else's liberty, so no, you don't get ****. You especially shouldn't get it in Kalifornia where they let everyone out of prison just to save money, not because they served their debt, so that argument is null and void.

Being a felon should follow you for life, and I feel no sympathy for the hardships that come with it. BILLIONS of people live every single day without commiting a crime, it's not that difficult.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Because over 60% of Felons repeat again. As an employer wouldnt you like to know if your driver has a prior conviction for Vehicular Homicide or your bank teller has a crack problem? I think that the employer should have all the facts about a potential hire and decide for himself.

No one says not to forgive, but trust and forgivness are earned, not given.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Meh. On the fence about this one.

If you could figure out a way to apply it to the (few) people who actually were trying to turn their lives around, it's obviously a good thing. But if there's one thing sweeping laws and/or bureaucracy fail at... it's dealing with specifics and details. (You know-- the elements that define the way the world actually works.)

Probably more harm than good in this one-- and as usual, I'm glad I don't live there.

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    did they or did they not pay their debt to society? why should they be prevented from EVER having a decent life because they screwed up once? I am Not a san fran liberal By a damn sight! but Dammit they did their time. Give them a chance. What is so wrong with this. Times are tough as it is. Why is it ok to marginalize people based upon past errors. I know the Bible says something about forgiveness, I've read it.
    \]

When a murder only serves 9 years in jail and he is released he did not pay his debt. When a child molester only serves fives years in jail he did not pay his debt.

Ask the victims and victim's families if their attacker's debt is paid.

Would you want delivery serviceman for an appliance company who was convicted of burglary? Would you want a convicted rapist or child molester as a janitor in your apartment complex, or an Entergy meter reader in your yard? I am sure it happens, but this law would make it easier for those types of criminals to have jobs that allow them to come into contact with your family.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Great - now we know where to send all our criminals when the get out of jail.

This is not a bad idea! Imagine the money we could save here in LA if we would drop via parachute* all of our currently incarcerated violent criminals to a sactuary where they could live in peace & harmony with those who really care about them! Can you feel the love?

*"Whoops- Sorry about the absence of working parachutes, guys.....times are tough and we're working on it. But we're already airborn, so.....Drop off point is in 30 seconds....On your way down, rest easy knowing that San Fran still loves you!" :love:

Top Bottom