Quality Cast Net

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhalanX-SS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2021
    Folsom, La
    Any one know a net shop or somewhere that sells cast nets that ARENT made from monofilament? I've ragged out 2 this past year, and I'm looking for something that will hold up.

Thanks

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I will add this to the details of your search:
    You're looking for nylon multifilament.
    You're NOT looking for nylon monofilament as that's standard mono.
    It's all nylon but it's not usually worded that way in the title.
    Search for "nylon cast net", and confirm by reading (or calling and asking) "nylon" or "nylon multifilament".
    That's made from nylon twine, that you're looking for.

PhalanX-SS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2021
    Folsom, La
    Exactly, I'm looking for a twine type. I know they exist because Ive seen them. The monofilament just doesn't hold knots very well, or it rips out at the heavier rope on the bottom. Im not sure if the multifilament will be any better, but it's worth a shot

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Exactly, I'm looking for a twine type. I know they exist because Ive seen them. The monofilament just doesn't hold knots very well, or it rips out at the heavier rope on the bottom. Im not sure if the multifilament will be any better, but it's worth a shot
    There are trade-offs to both types but the nylon nets are much more durable.
    I've been through many cast nets in my life and it's always discouraging to tear one up good. Mono nets can often be patched with light monofilament line especially if you have narrow net needles but you already know they're often too far gone to save.

One drawback to nylon (multifilament) nets is they're so much stronger than mono that you sometimes can't tear them off of a snag so you lose the entire net if you can't get to it well-enough.
    Truly a no-such-thing-as-a-free-lunch scenario.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Any one know a net shop or somewhere that sells cast nets that ARENT made from monofilament? I've ragged out 2 this past year, and I'm looking for something that will hold up.

Thanks
    I would also check Alario Bros in Westwego, I haven’t been there in many years but back in the day they sold quality stuff.

PhalanX-SS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2021
    Folsom, La
    $50 for nylon 6' at champlon is so much more reasonable than I was thinking, wow. That's better priced than the Walmart/academy ones.

I will definitely take a net that is more durable and have to get in the water to save.

Thanks guys

Top Bottom