Question for LEOs and GIs...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dydog4566

LA CHP Instructor # 411
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Greenwell Springs,LA
    I think with factory mags, that whole spring fatigue thing may be a myth. I always carry full mags, and one in the pipe. I do take my magazines apart now and then and clean them throughly and lubricate them slightly.
    They once found a cache of WWII vintage 1911 magazines, fully loaded with ball ammo. they test fired the stuff, not one failure to feed, so that speaks to the spring fatigue issue, and not one misfire, speaks to the quality of stuff built in WWII

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The issue with the Military M9 Mags wasn't just the spring it also involved too thick of anodizing on the inside of the mag tube.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Meanwhile they have apparently displayed 100 New Special and Limited Edition Pistols and Rifles at SHOT. Including the new EXTREME! Line......Woof.....

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Think maybe the guy confused carrying with a full mag VS long-time storage with a full mag? :)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I have no doubt the EXTREME! 9mm 226 is far more lethal, desirable, accurate, and costly then the Blackwater 226. Oh how the mighty have fallen. New Hampshire State Police are getting ready to select new pistols. I wonder is SiG will just give them a few hundred. How embarrassing would loosing that contract be.

Top Bottom