Question for LEOs - Slacking off while on duty?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    DEFINITELY not a cop-bashing thread. Just wondering about everyone's take on cops slacking off while on duty. Specifically, should an on-duty cop be watching movies on his laptop and meeting a married woman at 3am in a vacant parking lot in BR??? Shouldn't he be rolling through the nearby crime-ridden neighborhoods or something? Even if it was a slow night, I can't help but to think it's not right. I know everyone deserves breaks and all, but it seems like he's doing more breaking than working. What say you guys?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Depends what he was supposed to be doing in the meantime. When you go to work are you completely focused on your job the entire time?

Obviously, a LEOs job carries with it certain responsibilities that must be fulfilled no matter what, but it's not fair to point fingers. It's still there job, it's still monotonous at times.

Should he have been meeting a married woman at 3am in a vacant parking lot? Of course not. Well, then again... how hot was she?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Why not get the answer directly from the LEO in question if you are watching him at 3:00 AM?

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Depends what he was supposed to be doing in the meantime. When you go to work are you completely focused on your job the entire time?

Obviously, a LEOs job carries with it certain responsibilities that must be fulfilled no matter what, but it's not fair to point fingers. It's still there job, it's still monotonous at times.

Should he have been meeting a married woman at 3am in a vacant parking lot? Of course not. Well, then again... how hot was she?

I get all that, and I don't expect anyone to be 100% focused all the time. But from what I hear, this is the norm for the guy, not the exception. Just burns me up, cuz I'd be out of a job if I were screwing off the whole time I was on the clock.

Married woman doesn't happen to be your wife?

Lol, hardly. I can't post to BS from jail, can I?

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I get all that, and I don't expect anyone to be 100% focused all the time. But from what I hear, this is the norm for the guy, not the exception. Just burns me up, cuz I'd be out of a job if I were screwing off the whole time I was on the clock.
    Do something about it.

Get pictures and record video of him slacking off. Get the name of the married woman and what dates the cop visited her.
    Send them to local news channel.

:)

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Why not get the answer directly from the LEO in question if you are watching him at 3:00 AM?

I'm not watching him, and I don't know the guy personally. This has been a recurring topic of conversation around the office, from a reputable source (the married woman). Just kinda bugs me and I'm wondering if there are any LEOs out there who also see something wrong with it, and others opinions. Not like I'm going to take it any further than here, just wondering.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    DEFINITELY not a cop-bashing thread. Just wondering about everyone's take on cops slacking off while on duty. Specifically, should an on-duty cop be watching movies on his laptop and meeting a married woman at 3am in a vacant parking lot in BR??? Shouldn't he be rolling through the nearby crime-ridden neighborhoods or something? Even if it was a slow night, I can't help but to think it's not right. I know everyone deserves breaks and all, but it seems like he's doing more breaking than working. What say you guys?
    How do you know he is on duty? maybe he is working Extra Duty and his job is to sit on that parking lot all night and he watches movies to pass the time. As far as meeting a married woman, no crime or general order against that, thats between her husband and his wife, if there is one.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    How do you know he is on duty? maybe he is working Extra Duty and his job is to sit on that parking lot all night and he watches movies to pass the time. As far as meeting a married woman, no crime or general order against that, thats between her husband and his wife, if there is one.
    If the cops pulling Extra Duty at BRGH didn't get to watch movies on thier car computers or flirt with the nurses and admisson clerks all night they'd quit enmass. I swear, those cops must spend half the money they make at the Redbox kiosks around town.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick

All of my info is straight from the married woman (who's too dumb to keep her mouth shut about it). She went to meet him Sat. night specifically because he was on-duty and couldn't take her out. No crime against seeing a married woman or watching movies, but just seems like he's a tad too distracted from his job. But, I'm no LEO... maybe that's what they're supposed to be doing on the job? :dunno:

For the record, I know a couple of LEOs personally who think the dude is in the wrong... one of them said, "Cops like that make us all look bad" and asked me for his name when I mentioned it to him. Although I do know the name, I'm not going to out him because it's none of my business (karma). But, I did think it a good topic of conversation.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Do something about it.

Get pictures and record video of him slacking off. Get the name of the married woman and what dates the cop visited her.
    Send them to local news channel.

:)

I agree with you on all points, except going to the news. IA or whoever handles it in house would be good enough. Getting the media involved is a bad idea. There maybe some unintended collateral damage if you bring the vultures (media) in.

JR1572

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    IMO, the guys you talked to are possibly pandering.

The officer is possibly working extra-duty, or possibly off duty.

If the officer is on-duty, he is possibly conducting personal business using free time that is allocated to all officers each shift. He is also likely still available to respond to calls for service/emergency situations, which is the primary function of uniformed officers.

Good points. Possibly they're pandering to me, but I've known these guys for years and their responses seemed real enough.

Officer was on-duty, no questions about it.

Methinks his response time will be delayed while he's pulling his pants back up. :dogkeke: Is banging married women in dark parking lots a secondary function of uniformed police officers? That's kinda my whole point here.

I understand the whole LEO brotherhood thing shown in a couple of replies to this thread... but when someone is in the wrong, well, they're in the wrong no matter what kind of affiliation or loyalty you may have to them. Just sayin'

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Gold bricks would be shat if you could see behind the closed door of the cockpit on an airliner....

Same thing here. You don't know what he was doing. Maybe he was doing some PI work for the lady? Maybe the movie was part of required online training? Maybe he was slacking off. SO what?? If he answers the radio and responds to a call, it's all good. He's got a dangerous, thankless job so just let him be.

You sound like you think that police are supposed to STOP crime. That's just silly.

nickjames

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2012

Dude should be out writing more tickets for tint, seatbelts, and bald tires.

ltranger14

Spooky 8
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Prairieville
    Sounds like you already have your mind made up and seem to think you have all the right answers. Sounds like your taking ,the stupid womans,(your words) word for it over the people on this board that know hows things actually work.

Last edited:

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    if you want a confrontation, go ask the leo why he's slacking off, if you want to help the rest of us who pay taxes, call the administrative office and ask for the Sheriff

Top Bottom