Question on AR10

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alto8345

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Folsom, LA
    so, i bought a DPMS Ar10 AP4.. what do i have to do to change the hand guard to a quad rail.. looks different from my ar15..

thanks

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The dimensions are different from your AR-15, and so are a lot of the torque weights. So... special tools, some extra muscle and someone who knows what they're doing should all be on your list.

Honestly, I've never worked on one or even watched that many get "the treatment", so maybe someone else can give you more specifics. But you are correct-- it's different from your 5.56.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    You'll need to decide what quad rail you want to go to. It will need to be sized and made for the LR308 platform. How it's installed will depend on what brand/model you get.

alto8345

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Folsom, LA
    Well I appreciate all the input. I can't find any books or lit on ar10. My ar10 doesn't have the ring that holds the quad rail like the ar15. If u know anywhere I can get some info on this, please let me know.
    Thanks

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Just drill a hole about 2" back from the end of the free float tube and mount a stud, thats what I did, works perfect. Plus the feel of a quad rail sucks when you're not using the bi-pod

alto8345

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Folsom, LA
    Just drill a hole about 2" back from the end of the free float tube and mount a stud, thats what I did, works perfect. Plus the feel of a quad rail sucks when you're not using the bi-pod

if you have a pic of yours, send it to me if you don't mind.. that way i get an idea of what it looks like please.. thanks!

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    POI will change with different pressures on the barrel, you don't want the barrel touching anything while you're shooting

Top Bottom