Question - what would you do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    This is how Adv L pictures someone who complains about cops breaking the laws that they enforce, while they break them themselves.

(This is me in reality)
    9dbc76fd1e98ce34f240b281dc8e3181.jpg
    You look like Hulk Hogan ?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Never mind. Y’all fail to see the point. Good night and best wishes to you all.

I think most of us see your point. But I believe a number of us consider your point to be hypocritical. You set your cruise control because you are comfortable with speeding on the interstate and hanging out in the left hand lane. You moved out of the way for a fellow speeder. When you discovered the fellow speeder was a brpd officer, you became upset because how dare the police speed.

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    Do different rates of speeds carry heavier fines than others?
    I keep hearing 72 is in the like of 85 ( or whatever). And to be clear I don’t care if the cop speeds as long as he don’t run over a kid in his subdivision.
    If they are equal 72/ 85 why are the fines higher?
    I’m actually pro Leo as the job from the outside appears to blow fat ones. They certainly aren’t paid enough.
    However , I do agree to be an enforcer of our laws , you should live by them.
    And before you pick my post a part. I don’t care bruh. Seems to be several of y’all’s hobby.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    In a perfect world government officials and police officers would hold themselves to the highest standards. That said they are human just like everyone else. I personally would move out of his way so he can go kill himself on someone else’s vehicle, the same I would do for any other dumb driver.

I think most people get upset when they see things like this, because the officer is very likely to never receive the same repercussions that anyone else would likely get doing the same thing.

All animals are created equal, some animals are more equal than others.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Of course we do.

Yeah, I bet you told the cop you were holding back a huge poo and trying to make it to a pit stop before you shat yer self….
    Obscured plate was his reason and he is correct!
    First off the young guy pulls in behind me as he was 1/2 mile outside the city limits and made a u-turn on the highway to get behind me, Cool as I sent the cruise control on 55 because there's only 2 speed limits in Reeves, 55 and 45
    At any rate he tried riding my ass to get me to go faster so I just used the cruise control to drop from 55 to 45 and he almost runs my ass over hahaha. no brake lights for him!
    Now he decides to pull me over and on comes the blues.
    I put on the turn signal and hit the brakes turning to the right and stop way off the side for him.
    Here he comes and to his surprise he walks up on a guy who looks like he's been in a machete fight with Jason Voorhees and Jason lost!
    He starts out Thank you sir for stopping, The reason I stopped you was I couldn't quite make out your plate.
    Me, Hang on I have a CC how would you like to do this.
    Him oh your fine it's just the plate we are worried about.
    Me, I did that being lazy I just threw the plate in the back window, I have the tools with me to fix it right now.
    Him, oh no that will be okay but a state trooper will give you a ticket if he see's that, You can fix it later at your house.
    Me, I can do that later then, Been bush hogging and I'm covered with dust.
    He's fine just get it fixed before a state trooper see's your plat, Have a nice day.
    Nice enough young man, He was driving an assault cruiser, blacked out, low profile lights all that jazz but he was very professional and nice about my plate.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I would get out of his way ...
    And keep any "Witty Remarks" to myself ...
    My Momma gave me some good advice when I was young ...
    " A smart Mouth can get you in a world of trouble ...
    ...Keep it shut , especially when you are talking to a Police Officer , a Teacher and Me . " and brother was momma ever right !
    Gary

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    I thought that the correct answer to LEO with no obvious lights and driving too fast out of jurisdiction is to let them by so that they can clear traffic, make sure your RD is on, lay back a 1/4 mile and chase the rabbit?

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I keep hearing 72 is in the like of 85 ( or whatever). And to be clear I don’t care if the cop speeds as long as he don’t run over a kid in his subdivision.
    I’m actually pro Leo as the job from the outside appears to blow fat ones. They certainly aren’t paid enough.
    And before you pick my post a part. I don’t care bruh. Seems to be several of y’all’s hobby.
    That's why they're called "keyboard warriors "

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    To the OP: What would I do?

Nothing, there is not much you can do.

About 20 years ago off-duty cops and a bunch of car guys used to race their cars all over Greenwell Springs & Choctaw, a few other relatively benign places, they ended up getting some heat on them because they killed someone...but instead of it going away they turned into an actual gang and quietly grew their numbers, what became the Baton Rouge Street Demons, and they engage in ADT Scams for ID Theft and Robbery/Burglary, and they murder, drug deal, and engage in car theft, and police officers are still a part of it. They help their club guys just like back in the day, even when they know that those guys are hurting others and contributing to the demise of the city as a whole.

What other local "club" gets to post on public social media with a running calendar of events where they will illegally block traffic and stunt their cars without police interfering? What other local "club" will block the entire Interstate so they can drag race in front of State Police offices (from Seigen Lane to Highland Rd exit), and get away with it on a regular basis? What "club" can illegally block off some of the busiest intersections in the entire State, threaten people who try to get past, do burnouts for 10 minutes, and leave with only 1 person getting arrested?

It only took a few (what, 5-10 over the years) innocent dead people from race and high-speed chase crashes, a bunch of lawsuits, and losing a good cop or two in the process, to get local police to not let the Street Demons race with impunity. They probably got some fed attention for that too, along with the "Brave Rape Cave". The car confiscations probably did more to reduce it than anything else, but they are definitely still out there doing that stuff.

I digress, the resistance you got in this post is typical. "Oh, how do you know they were breaking the law? You must have been breaking the law to notice that, so YOU are the bad guy..."

Remember: When the FBI infiltrated the Hells Angels those agents acted like Hells Angels. They broke the law, sold drugs, and performed illegal acts of violence in order to maintain their cover and to stay a part of the "club". Those people who are making fun of you for this post & blindly excusing the officer's actions are the same ones who would cheer for the FBI agents who are running around being gangsters, or they would if they were local LEOs or if it wasn't so cool to hate the FBI.

Some cops are people who will ruin your day, or your life, just so they can "win" at a game you're not even trying to play.

Cops are like pretty women. I never envy them because of all the crap they have to put up with, which is sad because some of them are really good people, but they can also be total POS...and most people give them a pass because of what they look like(or their costume).

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

66 in a 65 is speeding. Setting one's cruise control to a speed above the speed limit is an indication one is ok with speeding. One speed may have a higher fine than another speed but they are both speeding.

Top Bottom