Question - what would you do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    The site has standards. This doesn't meet them. Image and avatar deleted.
    To the OP: What would I do?

Nothing, there is not much you can do.

About 20 years ago off-duty cops and a bunch of car guys used to race their cars all over Greenwell Springs & Choctaw, a few other relatively benign places, they ended up getting some heat on them because they killed someone...but instead of it going away they turned into an actual gang and quietly grew their numbers, what became the Baton Rouge Street Demons, and they engage in ADT Scams for ID Theft and Robbery/Burglary, and they murder, drug deal, and engage in car theft, and police officers are still a part of it. They help their club guys just like back in the day, even when they know that those guys are hurting others and contributing to the demise of the city as a whole.

What other local "club" gets to post on public social media with a running calendar of events where they will illegally block traffic and stunt their cars without police interfering? What other local "club" will block the entire Interstate so they can drag race in front of State Police offices (from Seigen Lane to Highland Rd exit), and get away with it on a regular basis? What "club" can illegally block off some of the busiest intersections in the entire State, threaten people who try to get past, do burnouts for 10 minutes, and leave with only 1 person getting arrested?

It only took a few (what, 5-10 over the years) innocent dead people from race and high-speed chase crashes, a bunch of lawsuits, and losing a good cop or two in the process, to get local police to not let the Street Demons race with impunity. They probably got some fed attention for that too, along with the "Brave Rape Cave". The car confiscations probably did more to reduce it than anything else, but they are definitely still out there doing that stuff.

I digress, the resistance you got in this post is typical. "Oh, how do you know they were breaking the law? You must have been breaking the law to notice that, so YOU are the bad guy..."

Remember: When the FBI infiltrated the Hells Angels those agents acted like Hells Angels. They broke the law, sold drugs, and performed illegal acts of violence in order to maintain their cover and to stay a part of the "club". Those people who are making fun of you for this post & blindly excusing the officer's actions are the same ones who would cheer for the FBI agents who are running around being gangsters, or they would if they were local LEOs or if it wasn't so cool to hate the FBI.

Some cops are people who will ruin your day, or your life, just so they can "win" at a game you're not even trying to play.

Cops are like pretty women. I never envy them because of all the crap they have to put up with, which is sad because some of them are really good people, but they can also be total POS...and most people give them a pass because of what they look like(or their costume).
    I give you permission to use this as your new avatar, good sir. We can share it.

Last edited by a moderator:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    66 in a 65 is speeding. Setting one's cruise control to a speed above the speed limit is an indication one is ok with speeding. One speed may have a higher fine than another speed but they are both speeding.
    Yes, yes, but only one of the people mentioned in the OP would be likely to be cited for a violation.
    Makes me wonder, if he (the speeding cop) had actually gotten stopped by a local cop, would he throw the usual temper tantrum.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Yall want to hear how I was stopped in Reeves La. today and talked my way out of a ticket?
    I am Legend men!
    That's nothing. I know 2 people stopped in Golden Meadow without getting a ticket. I was out of the vehicle by the time the cop pulled behind me and couldn't prove it was me driving. He yelled at me to slow down and went on his way.

The other guy was going OMG MPH and didn't get a ticket....He went straight to jail!!!

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Yesterday evening about 9 pm I was traveling east on 1-12. Had cruise set on 72. All of a sudden a motorcycle comes up on my rear bumper. I changed lines and the motorcycle sped by me. It was accelerating quickly up to 80 plus mph. To my suprise it was a BRPD officer. Clearly he was t heading to a call as he crossed into Livingston Parish. He turned left in 16 heading north. He was going in the same direction as I was. On Hwy 16 through Denham he was greatly exceeding the speed limit. Not by 5-10 mph but probably 20 mph above posted limits and changing lanes rapidly. I continued until he turned into what I guess was his subdivision. The question is, what would you do? I thought to get next to him at a stop light and tell him what a great example he was demonstratin. The lawman not obeying the law. I am confident that I have every right to address him but dont know about recourse from doing so. I’m sure he could run my plate to know my home address.

Before you say it, I can assure you that I am not a Pu**y. How do lawmen get held accountable? If you call their office I’m sure the comment will get circle filed.
    I'd post dash cam video on a public forum. I've done just this in the past. A lady instantly berated for pointing out the hypocrisy of law enforcement breaking the law. Made me feel safer knowing that my local LEO needed his mommy to take up for him.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Which lane were you in when he came up behind you? Left lane camper? He was probably doing the normal left lane speed of 80 and you were holding him up. You would have been holding me up as well as 80 is my normal speed on the interstate.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Which lane were you in when he came up behind you? Left lane camper? He was probably doing the normal left lane speed of 80 and you were holding him up. You would have been holding me up as well as 80 is my normal speed on the interstate.
    "You jump in front of my car when you, you know all time
    That 90 miles an hour, girl, is the speed I drive"

Jimi Hendrix

"I'm doin' a hundred on the highway
    So if you do the speed limit, get the **** outta my way"

Ludacris

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    "You jump in front of my car when you, you know all time
    That 90 miles an hour, girl, is the speed I drive"

Jimi Hendrix

"I'm doin' a hundred on the highway
    So if you do the speed limit, get the **** outta my way"

Ludacris
    That's why I stick to the middle or right lanes as I was taught in Defensive Driving class while in the Marines. "Take the path of least resistance!"
    I hate to imagine the trouble I would have been in if I'd wrecked that Dodge CUCV while driving the S4 Officer through LA to DRMO.
    Now that I'm in "the world" again, my Wife(the S1) considers me to be the S4, so I'd better come home safe!

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I drive in whatever lane gives me the most space between the boundaries, and allows me the most room to maneuver at whatever speed I'm driving in the moment.

It's never the left lane. :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom