Questions for LSP CHP Division

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    We were asked which was more of a threat. The poster was trying to race-bait which shouldn't fly. Pretty cool about the Utah/school law. Thanks for the info :cool:

Wrong. I wasn't trying to race bait.

You find me a picture of a well dressed, Black Male OC.ing, and some white thugs dressed gangsta style, and I'll gladly edit the photo's. They were just the quickest I could find. It's not as if Whites are the prodominet color of gangs anyway, and as if Black males are the prodominent OC'ers :rolleyes: The truth is the truth. ;)

Sasquatch

Lurking
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Wrong. I wasn't trying to race bait.

You find me a picture of a well dressed, Black Male OC.ing, and some white thugs dressed gangsta style, and I'll gladly edit the photo's. They were just the quickest I could find. It's not as if Whites are the prodominet color of gangs anyway, and as if Black males are the prodominent OC'ers :rolleyes: The truth is the truth. ;)

Well that just settles everything :rolleyes:. You could have just as easily found a picture of some white trash meth head with a gun.

The truth is you're hurting your cause more than you're helping it. Some of us enjoy the privileges of the CHP and prefer it to OC. Keep bitching about waffle house and ignorant walmart employees and we'll keep on protecting ourselves discreetly as "sheeple".

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well that just settles everything :rolleyes:. You could have just as easily found a picture of some white trash meth head with a gun.

The truth is you're hurting your cause more than you're helping it. Some of us enjoy the privileges of the CHP and prefer it to OC. Keep bitching about waffle house and ignorant walmart employees and we'll keep on protecting ourselves discreetly as "sheeple".

Are you serious ? Maybe I should have posted one picture of every single color of skin with a gun so someone like you didn't whine about it.

You get the point, actualy I'm not sure you do get the point. Do you make everything a color argument?

If you need further education on this feel free to PM me. Otherwise I think it's only fair we give the topic back to Nola.

Sasquatch

Lurking
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Are you serious ? Maybe I should have posted one picture of every single color of skin with a gun so someone like you didn't whine about it.

You get the point, actualy I'm not sure you do get the point. Do you make everything a color argument?

If you need further education on this feel free to PM me. Otherwise I think it's only fair we give the topic back to Nola.

I don't think you have any education to offer that would serve me well. You posted a picture which in NO way applies to the discussion of open carry.

I can't make a color argument unless you provide me with the ammunition. Any rational individual could see what you were trying to do with that picture. I'm all for going back to the original topic. Thanks for keeping us informed NOLA

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    wow please dude if he would have posted a picture of a white ganster and a well dressed/groomed black man no one would have had a problem. Get over trying to make everything a race issue. The point of the two pictures had nothing to do with race.

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    Back to the topic...a friend of mine does door to door for a non-profit, completely legal within itself. But he conceals and he was telling me he wasn't sure if he wasn't doing anything wrong. He said he doesn't go into people's houses but he goes into their yards. Basically he wants to know if he is legally in the right.

Sasquatch

Lurking
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    In my CHP class the instructor told us that you have to notify when you enter someones home, but i'm sure that may be a grey area. I'll try to look up the law

The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.

http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html#prohibited

Last edited:

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    Yeah, I didn't know what to tell him. I know you have to notify when entering, and that the yard is technically their property, but you can't notify them without going into the yard first.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Yeah, I didn't know what to tell him. I know you have to notify when entering, and that the yard is technically their property, but you can't notify them without going into the yard first.

I don't see that scenario ending well.
    KNOCK KNOCK
    "Yes?"
    "Hello, and good afternoon, ma'am. I'd like to first tell you I have a gun."
    Hilarity ensues!:rofl:

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    In my CHP class the instructor told us that you have to notify when you enter someones home, but i'm sure that may be a grey area. I'll try to look up the law

The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.

http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html#prohibited

hmm...the wording is particular to "private residence". Unless the person resides in their front yard it seems like it it is referring to a home in particular and not the property around it.

Like the police need to have a warrant to enter and search your home, but not your yard.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    Yes you can carry an AR pistol. Any weapon designated a pistol is fine. No long guns, machine guns, short barrel rifles, silencers, etc.

Yeah, you inform LEO and submit to a pat down and they pull that off of you, you are really going to freak those LEO out! :mamoru: and any civilians close to you. They'll think you are a terrorist:rofl:

Top Bottom