questions on buying online (from a newbie)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillShoot

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    Hi,
    Not sure where to ask this question so I hope you don't mind me posting here (as I am new too).
    If I see a pistol online and want to buy it, do I just call up a local FFL dealer and ask? Who do I pay? I assume I pay the online store and they ship to the local dealer. I want to trust people but still would like to ask: what happens if there's something gone wrong? Say, the gun was sent and the dealer didn't get it. Or open the box and there's nothing inside etc...
    Much appreciated. By the way I am looking at a MP9C and MP22 from Kentucky Gun Co...
    http://www.kygunco.com/products2.cfm/id/36538/name/smith-and-wesson-mp-22-lr-pistol-12rd
    so I basically just pay that price, plus local dealer fee (range from $25 to $50 if I can trust net search results), right?
    Thanks in advance!
    Will

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Go talk the ffl you plan on dealing with before you order the gun. Sometimes they will even be willing to order and price match, if not you need to be sure they are willing to accept and transfer the firearm. Ask them what they charge to do a transfer. Go and order the gun, follow that companies process for obtaining the ffl. Usually once you order they will have you get the ffl that will be receiving the firearm to fax a copy of the license with a cover letter of your name. Then they will ship it and the ffl you had it shipped to should call you when it arrives or if you notice it show up by the tracking number go on up there and get it.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    also check out some of the site sponsors from here in your area a lot of them offer good deals to site members. As much as I like to save a dollar, mainly not pay tax...... I prefer to support my local dealers when they are willing to deal and have a good attitude which from my experience the site sponsors here do.

WillShoot

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    Thanks for the reply. I will do that.
    also check out some of the site sponsors from here in your area a lot of them offer good deals to site members. As much as I like to save a dollar, mainly not pay tax...... I prefer to support my local dealers when they are willing to deal and have a good attitude which from my experience the site sponsors here do.

Top Bottom