Radio Rocks My Phone!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Despite the fact that more than 242 million Americans listen to radio regularly, only a small percentage of cell phones on the market today are equipped with free, local radio as a feature.

Some consumers believe this is because carriers make a significant amount of money off of data streaming, and might lose some of that revenue if customers had the ability to access local radio on their phone for free.

Some manufacturers claim that it's because a radio feature would be costly to add, take up too much space, make phones heavy or drain the battery – but none of those excuses are true. (See Facts.)

It would cost phone manufacturers less than the change most people keep in their pockets to put a radio receiver in your cell phone. Imagine: with a tiny, inexpensive chip, phone manufacturers could provide you with access to the great local stations you love and the emergency information you need.

If your cell phone were equipped with a built-in radio, you could get the most reliable instantaneous emergency alerts wherever you are. Even when cell phone networks are down, radio works.

The best way to break down the barriers is to make your voice heard.

Contact your wireless carrier today and tell them you want a phone with built-in radio – not just streaming apps!

http://www.radiorocksmyphone.com/movement.asp

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    My Incredible 2 had the FM radio in it, from the factory.
    I can also get an app for my current Bionic for FM radio capability, as well.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    The only time I use mine is at sports events to keep up with the commentary if the PA system isn't loud enough to be heard over the crowd. Since you can get an FM radio that is tiny and has forever battery life for cheap, I'd rather bring that than drain my phone's battery.

Top Bottom