Range Bag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    What type of Range Bag you use?

I have bags for rifles and things but I have been doing a lot more pistol shooting lately and want to get a pistol range bag. Curious what everyone is using.

Likes?

Dislikes?

Things to look for?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm currently using my Goruck Bullet 10 & carrying my hard rifle case. If I'm just going to the pistol range, I'm only bringing my backpack. I currently find myself taking less and less to the range. Unless I'm on a private range with limited people, I don't bring much anymore. If you organize everything correctly, you can fit a lot in a tiny space.

I'm looking into getting one of the REfactor Tactical ASO bags, but the 5.11 Ready Range Bag looks nice as well!

This thread may also help: http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?143899-RANGE-BAGS!-What-do-you-use

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I'm currently using my Goruck Bullet 10 & carrying my hard rifle case. If I'm just going to the pistol range, I'm only bringing my backpack. I currently find myself taking less and less to the range. Unless I'm on a private range with limited people, I don't bring much anymore. If you organize everything correctly, you can fit a lot in a tiny space.

I'm looking into getting one of the REfactor Tactical ASO bags, but the 5.11 Ready Range Bag looks nice as well!

This thread may also help: http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?143899-RANGE-BAGS!-What-do-you-use

I mostly shoot on a private range. Thanks for the link. I did a search but must have had something that didn't belong because it did not show that and its a recent thread.

The 511 Tactical is a nice range bag.

Thanks.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I mostly shoot on a private range. Thanks for the link. I did a search but must have had something that didn't belong because it did not show that and its a recent thread.

I usually don't even bother with forum search features. If you use Google and type site:www.bayoushooter.com range bag or replace range bag with any term/words you will get better search results typically.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

Eye and Ear pro
    3-4 pistols
    10-12 magazines
    Suppressor, paperwork
    Belt, Holster(s), mag pouch
    Couple of lights
    Lube, brushes, rods, tools
    Timer, marker, pasters
    Tourniquet, combat gauze
    sunscreen, bug spray
    miscellaneous whatnots

I can usually fit a couple of boxes of ammo also, but normally I just bring ammo cans.

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

Eye and Ear pro
    3-4 pistols
    10-12 magazines
    Suppressor, paperwork
    Belt, Holster(s), mag pouch
    Couple of lights
    Lube, brushes, rods, tools
    Timer, marker, pasters
    Tourniquet, combat gauze
    sunscreen, bug spray
    miscellaneous whatnots

I can usually fit a couple of boxes of ammo also, but normally I just bring ammo cans.

Not a bad set up.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Midway Competition bag here too!
    Love the thing and on sale now.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Somewhat late, but academy has a nice range bag that is relatively cheap and extremely well made. It is sold under the tactical performance brand, but I have also seen it with the academy brand too. Listed in their site as "Academy Sports + Outdoors™ Marksman Range Bag". Both of mine are tactical performance brand, but are identical to the listed bag on the site. I found them in the Covington store, I think. Slidell has a crap selection most of the time.

27.99, a great value. The shoulder strap unclips from both sides with some massive plastic buckles. The zippers are massive and work very smoothly. Build quality is at least as good as the dozen 5.11 bags I have. I bought 2, only thing I added were some paracord zipper pulls, as there are not pulls on the 3 exterior pockets. Main flap even has Velcro so you can roll it up onto itself so it does not flop around and get dirty. There are 2 internal flap pouches in the main compartment and a 3rd that is label "brass catcher", which can be flipped out of the bag and dumped easily. This is one of the best laid out bags I have seen, and a real surprise since it is "no name".

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    I do almost all of my shooting on private property I own these days. While certainly "old hat", for handguns, I've generally just packed pistols and related (mags, ammo, suppressors, etc.) in an old Czech backpack that looks kind of like this:

nayUWJ4.png

My wife recently received a modern rangebag from the NRA upon renewal that one us will likely start using.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I use both the MidwayUSA compact and competition range bag, along with their pistol pouches that holds 2 pistols and 7 mags

Top Bottom