range in NO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    OK my favorite ranges are

Stennis Space Center Buffer Zone "range"
    Nick's south of the Gramercy exit off I-10
    Honey Island
    Shooters' Club

There are no other ranges I know of at which I would consider shooting. They are all too dangerous. Bayou Dragon attracts hoodies who point a gun at you almost every time you go there. Jefferson Indoor is the same with the added attraction of a range that's only about 10 yards long and normally there's an half-hour-long wait for one of the three lanes. While you're waiting you get to listen to the neo-nazis who run the place go on about how the "n*gg**s" (sorry) are taking over :rolleyes:. I'd rather go to more professionally-run ranges, thank you.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I do all my shooting at Shooter's Club. I've been a Gold Member for years now.

I'm pretty much a pistol guy, so indoor is much easier than outdoor for me.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Actually, there was a range in the superdome. IIRC, if was LEO only and mostly the Fed level at that. Don't remember much details though, was many many years ago.

Just found this on Google:
    "...The Superdome is the largest "people place" in the history of mankind. . . besides hosting sporting events, concerts, contests, stage productions, convention / trade shows, exhibitions and other mass audience shows, the building also houses restaurants, cocktail lounges, shops, offices, two television studios, a fitness center and even an operating firing range. Two garages hold a total of 5,000 cars on three levels. A revolutionary system was installed to allow ground level grandstand sections propelled by electric motors to move in and out on iron wheels. A push of a button moves sideline seats in close to form an arena configuration for basketball, gymnastics, tennis, hockey, the circus, ice shows, and other arena events."

Here's the site:
    http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/NewOrleansSaints/articles.htm

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    For the first time in the history of the Superdome they opened the range to the public.. On AUg 30 2005 they had to close it on Sept 4th because failure to follow rules..

:rofl::rofl:

Top Bottom