Rave theater gun question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I didn't see any the last time I was there but thats been about a year ago.
    I don't plan on looking too hard.

Thanks

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I have carried there several times, especially when accompanying my wife to one of those quack job infested midnight showings.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Or open carry. I carry at our movie theaters all the time and never had a problem.

If you are carrying in the open, shouldn't you be even more concerned about making sure they do not have signs posted?

If you openly carry past a sign that states "no firearms allowed", would you not be guilty of trespass, in that you would not have the owner's consent to be there?

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    That's probably not a good idea considering what happened to this guy...

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=343109
    Yeah, that's messed up. The guy hasn't posted since Aug 2009 so nobody knows what happened to him. I wonder what came from his court date. Notice that at least one other person, a guy from Lake Charles, reported being arrested by Jeff Parish SO for OC. I sure hope things have changed since then.
    As for the Rave theaters, I stopped going years ago. The little hoodlims have been swarming those places too much for my comfort. I'd rather just stay home and watch the movies on DVD on my computer.

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    Yeah that is a bad situation. But that is police overstepped their bounds and from what the story shows the person would have a slam dunk shot at a false arrest suit. Plus that is one story out of 1000s that nothing happened. Yale would know better but signs need to be posted in plain sight but I would check close on each door. If it is not posted, they still may have a no guns policy, it's just not trespassing until they notify you of the policy and ask you to leave.

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    If it is not posted, they still may have a no guns policy, it's just not trespassing until they notify you of the policy and ask you to leave.
    Which is how it is at the hospital where I work security, Baton Rouge General. You won't find any Gun Buster signs on any door. But we have a policy of no weapons in our hospitals so we well tell you to take it back outside and lock it in your car.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    This raises an interesting question for me-- hopefully, I'm not too oblivious to have overlooked the answer.

Do we have a list, stickied or otherwise, of attorneys to call in these types of situations? What about self-defense shootings?

I think something parish-by-parish would be pretty handy, if we can get that together?

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    This raises an interesting question for me-- hopefully, I'm not too oblivious to have overlooked the answer.

Do we have a list, stickied or otherwise, of attorneys to call in these types of situations? What about self-defense shootings?

I think something parish-by-parish would be pretty handy, if we can get that together?
    Every once in a while someone will try to put together a list like this. Louisiana Carry tried and so did LOCAL. We can never get a decent list together.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Well I can answer my own question.

I went to see RED at the Rave Tues., I looked for NO Gun signs and didn't see any.

Oh and the movie was good too.

simplyorange

None Other Than.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Dutchtown
    if they notice a large volume of open carrys they will put up signs, always best to conceal to keep the signs away, out of sight out of mind..

Top Bottom