Really Baton Rouge?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5star

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    West baton rouge
    DSC_0153.jpg

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Baton Rouge has some of the worst traffic engineering in the country. Unneeded right turn lanes and no left turn lanes that back up through traffic by those trying to turn left, can you say Brightside, Nicholson and Lee intersection.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Baton Rouge has some of the worst traffic engineering in the country. Unneeded right turn lanes and no left turn lanes that back up through traffic by those trying to turn left, can you say Brightside, Nicholson and Lee intersection.

This. I guess they don't fix it because it's not in an upscale part of town. Makes no damn sense.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If I ever meet the SOB that decided it was good idea to have I-10 bottleneck to one lane after the bridge I will kick that ass hole right in the nuts.

It wasn't originally designed that way but people kept complaining that there would be no Washington st exit. So in order to keep that exit traffic is now horrible at that location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I evacuated to Baton Rouge for Katrina and had to stay there through December. Figuring out the traffic was worst than filling out a Road Home application! And my daughter lived up there for 8 years so I had a ballpark idea of how to get around but the sudden mandatory right turn lanes got me plenty of honks and middle fingers the first few weeks. Baton Rouge is a great place to visit but I won't want to drive there every day.

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    I have observed some things on the north shore, nola and other places that make me think there is no traffic engineering at all. It is not just in the old infrastructure; it is on roads I know are are recently put in.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I have observed some things on the north shore, nola and other places that make me think there is no traffic engineering at all. It is not just in the old infrastructure; it is on roads I know are are recently put in.

On the Westbank a favorite move is to block the view of oncoming traffic with shrubberies and or trees.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    This is one of the few places in the country that doesn't have a separate staff of City Engineers that are responsible for urban planning; roads, traffic, sewage, power, and architects to manage the visual aesthetics. Typically very involved with the local colleges and universities to guide urban planning research. New Orleans has the DPW but you don't see them bragging about their staff or commenting on public projects. Humble opinion.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    What's really funny is the Transportation Research Center at LSU is about a mile from the Brightside, Lee and Nicholson intersection. I have been tempted to put a note on the door suggesting they do some research at the intersection.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    quite frankly the entire state has traffic programs that I'm certain were written in crayon.

LOL +1 to that!

I lived in BR for one year and it was miserable. I would have been better off riding a razor scooter on the side walk. I got stuck on College for 5 hours one day, that's when we decided to PTFO.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    LOL +1 to that!

I lived in BR for one year and it was miserable. I would have been better off riding a razor scooter on the side walk. I got stuck on College for 5 hours one day, that's when we decided to PTFO.

That must have been something thing major. Did you try the many side streets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom