Reason number 342 of why I love big boy armament..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    22.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xapo8UxEtA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Smith and wesson mp15-22 running the sparrow and some terrible remington subsonic. Ammo was super inconsistent. You can kinda hear in the video the first few were way over powered. Last one in the video failed to fire, but had a good strike to the case. Shitty ammo aside, that setup is stupid fun!

Anyone have experience with cci subsonic? How is it, if so?

Last edited:

ppland

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    ville platte
    cci cb longs are the the freakin ticket... have to manually cycle in some semi auto's but quiet as a rabbit fart. well maybe I'm exaggerating. also i have heard good things about aguila sss

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I'll give those little suckers a try if I come across any. I thought cci made some subsonics that were a little higher velocity. Would like to try those too.

LArhino

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ruston
    I have fired the CCI Subsonic rated at 1050 fps as well as the CCI standard velocity rated at 1070 fps out of my 10/22, spikes upper, and savage bolt action (all with the Sparrow attached) without any issues. I agree, definitely a lot of fun.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I would highly recommend NOT shooting the 60 grain SSS through your suppressor unless you have the proper twist to stabilize it. most .22's are somewhee around 1:16, where this stuff needs somewhere around 1:9 or 1:10 to stabilize. When I tried it a while back, it looked like a buckshot pattern out of my 10/22 instead of groups. CCI subsonic is some great stuff, and it is super quiet through my suppressors. The CCI standard velocity is good and quiet out of pistols. Other stuff I have had good luck with are Winchester Dynapoint and Federal Auto-Match. Remington .22 ammo is all pretty much horrible IMHO. I shot a brick or so of the thunderbolt (same basic projectile as the subsonic) and it looked like lead was dripping out of my muzzle.

Oh yeah, another +1 here for Derek at BBA.

Last edited:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I have no plans of trying the SSS. Also, I run quite a few of any given ammo looking for key holing before throwing the can on.

Good deal. Wait until you get a "buy one get on 50% off" from Dicks, and get a couple boxes of the Winchester Dynapoint GT. You can REALLY tell how "consistent" .22lr ammo is when running it full auto, and every one of the Dynapoint GT's had the same report.

Top Bottom